Liverpool FC deadline day transfers

I dont understand the fixation with bidding over the odds for British players - they are way over priced for what you get. There is much better value with buying players from abroad. Also, the likes of Young, Adams, Carroll etc. are not 'world class players' and if Liverpool is to challenge for Champions League honours in the future it will need its entire starting line-up to be world class players.

Due to the new rules they brought in you have to have a certain amount of British players in the squad now, therefore they do tend to have their prices inflated because of their nationality. I have no doubts they will bring in young, quality foreign players, but there are only so many you can name in your 25 man squad.

Due to the new rules they brought in you have to have a certain amount of British players in the squad now, therefore they do tend to have their prices inflated because of their nationality. I have no doubts they will bring in young, quality foreign players, but there are only so many you can name in your 25 man squad.

They don't have to be British, they just have to be home grown i.e. spent three years before their 21st birthday in the UK hence why British clubs are targeting kids from all over the world and bringing them over as 17 year olds.

This rule has absolutely zero chance of surviving a court challenge as it is at odds with national & EU employment law and freedom of trade laws. Smart clubs know this and ignore it.

This rule has absolutely zero chance of surviving a court challenge as it is at odds with national & EU employment law and freedom of trade laws. Smart clubs know this and ignore it.

Nobody is ignoring it. It is not against the law. A similar scheme has been in place in Countries like Spain for a while.

They've also been nicknamed 'Lou and Andy'. (Little Britain fans will understand)

Did ye hear that Torres said today that he was delighted to have joined a big club? I support Leeds but Chelsea a bigger club that Liverpool??? :rolleyes:

I guess money counts for more nowadays than tradition and success!

and in other news, the Metropolitan Police are questioning Jamie Carragher on suspicion of Money Laundering after he was seen with assets worth £50m in his pocket on Sunday afternoon.

Back