Live Aid

S

sunnyday

For those old enough to remember Live Aid all those years ago, (and hopefully those who were too young also) a DVD compilation is being released (4 discs, 600 mins). CD-WOW HK have it for about €24. Should make for great viewing over the holidays, and the profits still go to the Live Aid fund.

CD-Wow HK site

Can you please give information on how to access the HK site. I keep being directed to the UK one.
I did use the HK site last year (stocking up for Xmas), and the savings were brill. Seem to have lost the website information.

Unfortunately, I was old enough to remember the event in 1985 and would like to re-live it all again.

Also, I thought that I had heard recently that purchasers from Europe couldn't use the HK site anymore. Have you used it recently?

Re: CD-Wow HK site

[broken link removed] works for me using Mozilla FireFox.

Hi, try [broken link removed].
Haven't used it for about 3 weeks now, but have no reason to believe there is a problem.

Great.
Will order that straight away. Had no problems with them last year - so hope they are as good this year.
Thanks for the tip.

Sorry - one more question.

The DVD is "Region Free" I presume this is ok for use in Ireland.

Thanks.

Had to think about that meself, it's been so long since I bought DVD from them (The Office, last Xmas!), but yes you can't go wrong with region free. Maybe someone else can clarify Region 2 though, I forget!

Re live aid dvd

Have there been any probs with customs re this hk site

And what, do we know, is the percentage going to charity and which exact charity OOCDYK.

stock

As far as I know, all CDWOW stock, no matter which site ordered from, Irish, British, HK, is dispatched from London.

Re: stock

Whenever I ordered from the HK site the CDs were dispatched from HK.

cdwow

It's available on cdwow.ie also for Eur28.99 which is not much different than the Hong Kong site when converted

and the UK site......

Just purchased for STG£17.99 which might be a little better?

MAC

Re: and the UK site......

[broken link removed]

Another few pence off. £17.24 Stg.

Re: cd wow HK

While they're usually cheapest, they're not always so you should shop around.
I normally compare CD-wow HK against amazon UK & play.com. The saving for a single CD or DVD may be negligible; when you're ordering a few (such as to give as Christmas presents) then the savings can justify the few minutes spent in research.

General rule of thumb for CDs and DVDs

Check
[broken link removed]

This will compare the main shops for you ( CDWOW, PLAY ). Also check amazon which cdanddvdbargains does not check.

If cd-wow is cheapest use

[broken link removed]

and elect to pay in euros when in the checkout screen ( Converts back to euros at a price less than .com/.uk/.hk or .ie.

Thanks for that Alan, I'll put it to the test at the weekend.

cd wow

Actually I think you'll find that .com is the cheapest to buy this boxset using £1 off trainline discount link and £1 off discount voucher from many sources (further €3 euro off). Use the euro amount too. The last time under good deals I mentioned these discounts I got told off.

CDanddvdbargains will only show their discount of 75 pence off as they have an agreement with cdwow not to post links to further discounts.

€22.36 compared to €59.99 in HMV. Think about it.

Re: cd wow

Gerry can you tell me what the trainline link is ? Also an example of the 'other sources'. Would be interested in folowing this up.

Back