liscannor stone - how to polish or darken ?

mkc

I have 2 fire places both with liscannor stone hearths. One of them is black, obviously treated with something. The other is grey, assume its natural state. I would like to treat/darken the untreated one to make them the same. Anyone know what I should apply ? Thanks.

Hi MKC.

Have the liscannor stone myself and what i did was to use the black grate polish on it and then i gave it three coats of varnish over.Turned out well i have to say!

Thank you very much for the tip.
I used Tableau Black grate polish followed by Ronseal clear satin varnish. The results were spectacular.

Hello,

We are laying some liscannor stone in our hallway and want to get a black shiny finish on it. Can either of you tell me if the tableu black woudl be suitable for an area that is used as a walkway, or woudl it wear away? Also, would you ahev a photo of the finish? Asking a lot for my first post I know! Thanks very much

Hi laladaly,
The tableu black is not suitable by itself as it would get dirty and quickly ware away. That is why I used varnish to protect the finish. I used Liscannor stone in my fireplace, I did take a photo, but I am not allowed to attached photos to posts.....! Sorry.

Back