Lino Floors

Sarah

Due to the fact that being FTBs we are on a tight budget we picked out our carpet and chose Lino instead of Tiles for the kitchen and bathrooms. We went to carpet right an picked out the whole lot but after they measured the house they told us that the lino we picked for the kitchen is not wide enough (we chose a 3M and need a 4m). However they have nothing suitable in their 4 m range and although im quite happy with everything else i have chosen i am just wondering if maybe i could buy the lino else where and pay carpet right to put it down(i would only make a mess of it!) Has anyone any info on doing this also what is the general opinion on Lino.
Thanks a mill

You can get lino tiles in Woodies and Atlantic. Basically they look like tiles but are made from some type of lino. Just put down some plywood and stick the tiles on - simple. We did this in the bathrooms as I wasn't sure what colour scheme I wanted and didn't want to end up with rooms I hated and couldn't afford to change which is what happened to some friends of mine.

my vinyl layer (can't remember what shop) put down carpets for me as a nixer no problem! Did a quick job, did it well, and didn't charge a lot either.

Back