Limits on Transfers to Third Party A/c with PTSB

ObiwanKenobi

Hi All,

I've just noticed that PTSB have introduced a limit on transfers to third party accounts of €3k per day. Would this be a standard restriction on other current accounts? Bit inconvenient given the Christmas CC bill is in!!!

Thanks

Obi wan

Do you mean online or even if you're in the branch?

You can transfer 20K per day with BOI Banking365.

It's a security policy for online transfers to reduce impact of fraudulent withdrawals. AIB's external transfer limit is €5,000 a day.

If I wanted to transfer more than the €3/5k amount can a customer service rep do this over the phone?

No - you can transfer a total of 2 x €3K per day - €3K online and €3K by phone. A customer service rep will be limited to €3K too. I just discovered this myself yesterday! See here:
Dear XXXX

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that it is not possible to increase the daily limit on third party bill payments.

These limits have been reduced for security reasons to protect customer’s accounts. Due to increased internet fraud activity specifically targeting permanent tsb customers the decision was made based on the common amounts transferred by customers and the amount of €2000 was sufficient to allow at least 90% of all previous transfers to be conducted without inconvenience. Whilst we appreciate that this does not satisfy all our customers this was deemed a necessary precaution and will remain as such until further notice. I can assure you that our internet services and audit team will be regularly reviewing this and also considering current procedures in order to minimise the risk to customer’s accounts whilst providing the maximum service.

Currently the limit applies to internet and telephone transactions independently so the maximum daily transfer for example to 3rd party Non-Utility accounts is €6,000 per day; €3,000 through each medium.

Thank you again for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

XXXXX
Open24.

Back