You mean like competition?they didn't want a race to see who would get to market first
You mean like competition?they didn't want a race to see who would get to market first
In the first year I can see only the loss of DIRT as the cost. So in 2027 that 5.5m represents €16.5m of deposit interest moving to the Simonsaver. Let's say €1bn of deposits. Let's say average saving is €500 per month for 3 months. That's about 700,000 new accounts. Does that sound reasonable?First year cost €5.5m and full year cost €11.5m. Hardly a subsidy to the rich!
Doesn't the €1K p.m. limit make this moot?Will the 12k per year be based on when you put money in, the calendar year, tax year or 1st July?
Well, you could take the view that they may be afraid of potentially frothy markets. This could be a Harris legacy issue. Better that you "allow" 10 months for a potential market correction than have savers sums potentially suffer a deficit from the get-go. You can't, of course , time markets.....but it doesn't stop people trying.1 July start date is a bit disappointing
Just the amount above it.or just the amount above it?
Seems a bit high in terms of accounts for year one. They might be assuming the money would if invested otherwise would be paying fund (or CGT) tax. Maybe 100,000 open accounts with an average of 6000 per person per year, working on a 6% annual profit rather than much lower deposit income.In the first year I can see only the loss of DIRT as the cost. So in 2027 that 5.5m represents €16.5m of deposit interest moving to the Simonsaver. Let's say €1bn of deposits. Let's say average saving is €500 per month for 3 months. That's about 700,000 new accounts. Does that sound reasnable?
Is the 1% wealth tax applicable to the entire investment once it goes over 50k, or just the amount above it?
The account will include a flat rate 1% tax applied to the value of the account above the €50,000 tax free threshold,
Well if the money is coming from a situation that is subject to CGT or LAET it is more likely to trigger a higher tax on realisation than would be lost.They might be assuming the money would if invested otherwise would be paying fund (or CGT) tax.
Over 18's onlyAre children going to be included?
I guarantee you somebody will hit the taxable threshold in the first year. they need to be ready for this.Hard to know why they would need so much time to setup an account that can’t have any tax calculations for at least 3- 4 full years after setup.
Oversell though pleasantly surprised the higher tax free threshold is more important that the lower than expected yearly limit. Great for ongoing savings.
Doesn’t appear at all suited to the initially stated claim of getting the billions off deposit but I guess look on the bright side.
That would be quite the rate of return.I guarantee you somebody will hit the taxable threshold in the first year.
How is that possible if the limit is 12k per year? Would be some return!I guarantee you somebody will hit the taxable threshold in the first year. they need to be ready for this.
More than 417%?That would be quite the rate of return.
I'll take it!417%?
I'm ready to go full tilt with whatever levered meme-stock ETFs I can find a back door into.Fair play to whomever hits the taxable threshold though. they should nearly be exempt