Limited mileage policy.

Grizzly

Are there such products as Limited mileage insurance policies for ordinary everyday cars. I know that these are available for Classic Cars?

We have a second car that only does about 1000 miles per annum. It is a 2003 car, in great nick with low mileage and is worth more to us to keep it rather than dispose of it.
Thanks

No there isn't. And you will struggle to get quotes outside of your current insurer given the year of the car.
Is really worth more to keep it and use it? probably 500 for insurance, 150 for tax, NCT once every two years, annual service etc. Upto €1,000 before even putting petrol in.

I know what you are saying peteb. To be honest, our main car has limited mileage also.

It's a great little car. Peugeot 206. A little flyer. 16,000 on the clock. We will probably keep it for our grand daughter.

Back in 2004 we sold a 1991 car that only had 14000 miles on it for a knockdown price, Honda Civic CRX. (trade in). To this day I regret doing it. These cars have actually increased in price over the years. It would make a great classic car now.

It's a great little car. Peugeot 206. A little flyer. 16,000 on the clock. We will probably keep it for our grand daughter.

I understand your desire to hang on to what you know is a good car, but unless your granddaughter will be taking it over soon, most cars deteriorate if left lying around too long.

Back in 2004 we sold a 1991 car that only had 14000 miles on it for a knockdown price, Honda Civic CRX. (trade in). To this day I regret doing it. These cars have actually increased in price over the years. It would make a great classic car now.

With all due respect to your Peugeot 206 (which I'm sure is only gorgeous :)), I'd say the chances of it becoming a classic and holding its value are fairly slim. The Honda CRX had that sporty, fashionable thing going on and the numbers sold here were smaller.

Back