Life Insurance Companies

T

The Bouncer

All, Just about to take out life insurance and serious illness cover. I know the policies/cover etc. that I want. What I want to know is has anyone a information on the various companies when it comes to paying out, customer service etc etc in particular Canada Life & Eagle Star

Thanks

B

Definitely need to talk to the broker....

Questions you need to ask broker are on the Serious Illness aspect in particular e.g.

- What illnesses are covered?
- What is not covered? Need to get plain English interpretation of things like "heart attack = myocardial infarction with death of one third of heart muscle".
- Exclusions
- Whether the policy is guaranteed or reviewable?
- If reviewable, likely increase in premiums after 10 years.

Eagle Star cover a very comprehensive list of Serious Illnesses, more comprehensive than Canada Life. This is a factor that you should definitely take into account. Eagle Star have quite a stringent underwriting process when applying for the cover, but similarily at the other side have a good record of paying out claims.

I have no financial interest in Eagle Star - I just know this as I used to work for them. HTH.

READ THE SMALL PRINT-
after 10 years with life/ serious illness/ accidental death/ hospital cash cover and surgery cover---- with canada life, ( and no claims) they've informed us our policy is up for review
according to them the ammount we pay now is not enough to maintain our policy until our next review date(5 years)
our cover was for 98k in the event of death etc- we paid 280 per quarter not bad - but now they want 750 euros per quarter for the same cover or for us to reduce our benefits from 98k to 38k-
we are sickened by this and did not see it coming, what a rip off
we are looking at changing to another company but we're in our 40's now and looks like it will be expensive to take out a new policy with another company.
BE VERY CAREFULL
get a broker to check all out for you

Can you get ASU cover in England or do you have to live there? I was paying 37 sterling for 700 sterling a month on a 70K mortgage.....Norwich Union.

Back