Lidl TV (Toshiba) faulty after 2 years

Thanks for the update @Cowpat , but am I correct in thinking that you got Lidl vouchers as opposed to cash, as you say in finishing,
The Lidl vouchers arrived by registered post today.

Also while you appear that you do not wish to divulge how much you settled for will you tell us the % of the price paid for the TV, please?

I hope you're happy with the outcome, personally I would not be. LIDL vouchers do not cost LIDL their face value, merely the cost-price of the goods you redeem them against. You didn't pay for the TV with LIDL vouchers but with hard-earned money on which you paid tax, USC, PRSI etc. The Registrar has allowed LIDL to settle "in kind" rather than with a cash refund. I'd also have a problem with being restricted to spending "the settlement" with the retailer I'd had the dispute with. Just my 2d.

Well done ... am surprised that Lidl they went that far though, but well done for sticking it out...

Hmmmm, could be my pensioners adled mind, but I thought I heard the European Union out a five year warranty on items such as TVs. UK thing perhaps.

No an Irish thing, 6 years for consumer durables as established by Irish case law, a better deal than current EU consumer protection and waaaay better than "UK thing".

Back