Lidl PCs/Aldi laptops

ClubMan

Seeing that there have been a few topics recently about buying new PCs/laptops I just thought I'd mention that Aldi are still selling highly specified laptops for €1,500 from last week or earlier while Lidl are doing desktop units (and some other consumer electronic A/V gear - not sure of the prices) next week - at least in their new Moore Street/Parnell Street store whatever about in other outlets. The Lidl PC offer is not listed on their website.

lidl

Which new store is this? I thought only Aldi was up near Moore street? Is there a LIDL up there now also? I had just checked Lidl's specials also a few mins ago and sure enough no mention of a pc offer, any more info appreciated! like specs, price etc

Re: lidl

Is there a LIDL up there now also?

There's a new Lidl opening in the Jury's Inn block on Parnell Street/Moore Street not far from the existing Aldi next week (Thursday 25th I think). I noticed them getting the store ready last weekend and I got the flyer with the PC and A/V gear offers in the door this morning. I don't have it handy but if/when I get a chance I'll post details of the offers if possible.

lidl

cheers, really interested in the AV offers as well

Parnell Street/Moore Street...?

That'll be the Lidl shop on the corner, then? :rollin

Sorry. Couldn't help myself...

Clubman, if there are any particularly 'choice' opening offers in the peripherals/AV department and it's easy for you to scan the leaflet and host it (here, for example), I'd be very grateful too..!

I'll even make it a New Year's resolution to give up the awful puns. ;)

dell outlet

saw this link on boards.ie to the dell outlet site
outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/...raint=INSP

Content seems to change constantly, prices displayed initially exclude VAT & delivery.

I just ordered a nice entry level machine for E635! (including VAT & delivery)

Dell

That would be del little shop near Lidl then ?

Dr Moriarty did you get a scanned image?

Re: Dell

Aldi are also doing desktop PC units (display not included) next Thursday, 25th November. The specs should be up on their website soon.

The Lidl ones are only on offer in the new Moore Street store on the same day and a ticket system for people queueing will be in place. The basic spec for the unit (no display included) is:

Targa Visionary system unit
<!--EZCODE LIST START--><ul><li>AMD 64 3200+</li><li>ATi All-in-wonder 9600 XT graphics card</li><li>ASUS 802.11g WiFi network card</li><li>LG DVD-Multinorm & CD-burner</li><li>Maxtor 250GB hard disk</li><li>Infineon 512MB DDR 400 RAM </li><li>ASUS K8V-F motherboard Targa edition</li><li>Samsung DVD-ROM drive</li><li>SCM 8 in 1 memory card reader</li><li>LiteOn cordless keyboard/mouse</li><li>56K software modem</li><li>6 channel home cinema</li><li>Loudspeakers</li><li>10/100Mbps ethernet card (DSL/Network ready)</li><li>2 x FireWire, 6 x USB 2.0 ports</li><li>Software package included</li></ul><!--EZCODE LIST END-->
They are also selling other A/V gear (e.g. 20GB hard disk based MP3 players for €199, TVs, etc.).

lidl

Clubman

Any idea how much the Lidl pc is costing?

aldi

The new aldi on the belgard road has the 1500e laptop pride of place over other hardware that I didnt take too much notice of.

Re: aldi

Yeah - that's why I mentioned it above:

I just thought I'd mention that Aldi are still selling highly specified laptops for €1,500 from last week or earlier...

crowe

you know what, thanks for pointing out you said something earlier in the thread.
I was answering a question by podge on Aldi only having one shop, that being on moore st, but Id misread the question as it was more asking did only Aldi have a shop in the moore st area. mea culpa.
I'll put the slightly narkey post down to the fact youre peeved at crowe jumping acorss the tolka.

Re: crowe

you know what, thanks for pointing out you said something earlier in the thread.

Don't mention it.

I was answering a question by podge on Aldi only having one shop, that being on moore st, but Id misread the question as it was more asking did only Aldi have a shop in the moore st area. mea culpa.

Aldi don't have a store on Moore Street. They have one on Parnell Street. Lidl will have one on Moore Street next week

I'll put the slightly narkey post down to the fact youre peeved at crowe jumping acorss the tolka.

What narky post? :rolleyes

Back