Lidl Digital Satellite Receiver

S

Samantha

Does anyone know which English speaking channels this satellite receiver from Lidl will be able to receive?

A friend of mine purchased a Lidl analogue satellite receiver a few months ago, and all they could receive was CNN plus 29 German speaking channels!

[broken link removed]

Would it be possible to receive channels such as "Discovery" or the "History" channel?

Thanks for any info!

hi Samantha,

take a look at the following site which gives a list of all the free channels available on the Astra group of satelites ( I reckon thsi is what your friend is getting ) :

[broken link removed]

basically you get BBC channels as far as I am aware and a few others. All the rest are mainly German.
You can point it to other satelites also , but I am not sure if the Lidl dish is big enough for these ( Eutelsat, Hotbird and Eurobird ). Maybe someone else knows if 80 cms is big enough to pick up these.

In any case most of the free chanels available are non-English.

hope this helps

Buying an analogue receiver is like burning money. It's going the way of betamax. You need digital receivers from now on.
If anyone has bought the new digital receiver advertised in lidl I'd be interested in your experience with it.

Thanks guys for the links and info; very much appreciated!

Thanks again!

Lydl Satelitie

Just called to Lydl Lucan at 8.00 am, there were hundreds there. But I assume not all for the Sat dish.
Called to Lydl Blanch after and just missed the tickets for the dish.
Q: Has anyone used this Lydl set up and is it any good? Picture quality good? Is the sound in Nicam Sterio, which I suppose is a min these days?

I saw a bloke struggling to carry the equipment down the street on my way into work this morning. :)

Did anyone get one of these ?

how many did Lidl have on the day?

What time were u there to queue at?

digital pus 80 cm dish

Eutelsat,Hotbird and Eurobird are available here in the South with an 80 cm dish-carefully adjusted.

I heard from the Lidl security guy in Lucan that they were to get 60. I passed there at 7.20 am and there must have been about 120 in the Q. I kept on driving!!!!

I purchased a unit in Ashbourne. Very easy to assemble. The sat finder is easy to use and the osd is easy to find your way through. The picture quality from the unit is great. For the price its a bargin. The sat finder alone is €25 in Maplins. I have looked at some UK forums and they say the unit dont last a year. The warranty lasts 3 years. What do you get now that lasts for 1 year and costs €80. Astra 28.2 is the best sat to point at as it has all the bbc and itv channels. While all the other sats are listed you will not see any picture as the dish has to be pointed towards them.

I read that the dish bracket may be the weak link but you can always replace that if necessary (or use the warranty if applicable!). I'm sorry that I didn't pick the offer up this time around but was unable to get in on the day. All the more disappointing since I just discovered that the sun hits our back garden wall at c. 11:30 which means that it has line of sight to the relevant Astra satellite so we could stick it since our management company rules supposedly preclude dishes at the front (and in any case I don't want one on the roof etc. especially if doing a DIY installation job - no head for heights! :eek:). Oh well - maybe next time... :(

I got the dish and have it set up in the garden (the dish is sitting on a garden seat !!).

I intend to get it properly wired up at some stage.

I got BBC1 , BBC2, ITV (+ all regional variations), BBC News, CBBC, CBEEBIES + lots of rubbish on the Astra 28.2 sat. Sky News is not coming through - dont know if it will when i get the dish up higher.

The only thing about the dish - it seems very light and I dont know if it would survive on my roof - i'm in Abbeyleix and in a windy spot - so I'm going to install it somewhere lower down.

It wasn't too difficult to set up - you need time and patience - once you find the satellite then you've got to make sure the DVD, etc is working !!

Well worth the €80 !!!

Lidl package works very well for me - best list of channels on Astra 28.2 is here. Have also tested it on Hotbird, and got perfect reception - Dun Laoire area

I see same equipment on sale today, and had considered getting it, but having looked at the programme index above, there is absolutely nothing on that that I would want that I can't get with my aerial! Am I missing anything!

Lidl package works very well for me - best list of channels on Astra 28.2 is here. Have also tested it on Hotbird, and got perfect reception - Dun Laoire area
Did/can you get Astra 2 28.2E and Eurobird 1 28.5E at the same time? I've read that in spite of the 0.3 degree difference this does not matter and the two can be received with a single non motorised dish/LNB setup.

Did/can you get Astra 2 28.2E and Eurobird 1 28.5E at the same time? I've read that in spite of the 0.3 degree difference this does not matter and the two can be received with a single non motorised dish/LNB setup.

I've assumed that to be the case as on my Technomate's Channel List it's described as "Astra 2/Eurobird".

Yes - and I see that www.lyngsat.com also groups them together at 28.2E even though Eurobird 1 is actually at 28.5E. I guess I'll find out the details when I start playing with my Lidl kit sometime soon...

Back