Lexmark all-in-one

J

Jim

Lidl have an all-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier on offer next Thursday for €169. Is this a good price? Is it a good make? Are the ink cartridges expensive?

I've a Lexmark x5150 multi-function printer etc and it works fine for me (haven't used the fax function).

Ink cartridges are very expensive but you can buy them relatively cheaply over the net. I asked a similar question within the last month. Search for my name or for ink cartridges and you'll find the link.

Cnet do good reviews of printers and they usually include the cost per page of printing. You'll be shocked at how much it costs!

Multi-function machines save a lot of space but, if one thing breaks, everything will probably stop working. You won't have that problem if you buy separates.

Sluice

argos have an epson for 149

much cheaper to get compatible ink for epson see

www.ink4art.ie

I get 3 colour and 3 black carts for €50 including delivery and VAT for my epson

they work fine, so do printrite carts and there are other of which I known not

best all in one

Having checked a few review websites it looks like the hp officejet 4215 is considered the best low cost multifunction device and on this website costs just less than that advertised in Lidl.

[broken link removed]

Hi Jim,

I had a lexmark x75 for a while but got rid of it because the quality was rubbish. I had to keep cleaning the print head and then it would keep getting grubby with ink after a while. And this was when I was using the official cartridges.

I tried getting the unofficial cartridges but some brands didn't work so I gave up. The official cartridges for that one were about 40euro.

I would have a think about whether you would really use the scanner - I thought I would but never did. If you wouldn't really use it then get a personal laser - you can get them for around the same price. I think HP did one for about 140 but the cartridges for it were 100euro!

HP all-in-one

Thanks Walter Mitty,

Do you know if it is suitable for photo printing?

All-in-one

I have researched the HP 4215 and it does indeed seem to be a good all-rounder but not suitable for scanning photographs due to the sheet feeder.

Can anyone recommend a machine as good as the 4215 but which can scan photos and other material aswell.

Thanks alot.

All-in-one

HP do a model called the Office jet D135 which seems to be suitable for scanning photos. Any thoughts on this or any other?

Lexmark printer

I have a Dell A960 which I believe is a rebadged Lexmark as per Lidl.Have it for about 6-9 months.Printing is excellent...also photos very good.Don`t use scanner often but its a real godsend when needed.Sent hand-written letter as attachment to relation in Mozambique few days ago.
Dell Ink cartridges are slightly different...but think this can be fixed with minor surgery to printer.
Do not go this route (Inkjet) if you do a lot of printing, Its expensive.Very!

Re: Lexmark printer

hi there

the last post is right basically if you are printing say more than 10-15 pages a day inkjet ( water based ink) is much more expensive than laser ( powder based toner )

check out www.digidox.ie for more

Back