Letting Agent for Dundrum property

F

Fred

I have a house in Dundrum which is currently let but which falls vacant in November - any suggestions or recommendations as to a letting agent to use? I don't have time to show it to people myself. Also how much should I ask - its a 3 bed semi no ensuitesabout 1300 sq ft.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Check out Daft.ie as a valuable guideline to what property in the area is renting for. Also, always a good idea to keep an eye on the classifieds on an ongoing basis to see how rental trends are going in your area. If it is vacant in Nov I would start advertising its impending availability asap through letting agent, papers, web etc as coming up to xmas is a difficult time to find tenants as people tend to stay put till new year. Another trick that has worked well for me in Clontarf is to get in touch with the HR dept. of any large employers in the area to let them know the details of what you have available. Many of these companies have staff relocating from abroad on 2-3 year contracts and are seeking suitable accommadation for them. These people are used to living in a rental situation and I have found them to be excellent tenants. Good Luck!

Drohan Lettings in Dundrum are good I think, and well-respected. I was recommended to use them by a friend when I was looking for somewhere to live and although I ended up finding somewhere through a different agency I did find Drohan to be very pleasant to deal with and with less of the bulls*&! factor than most other agencies. Don't know how they are from a landlord point of view.

Depends on what part of Dundrum the house is in and the condition of it of course but probably between 1,200 and 1,500 per month. Check DAFT and the Herald for other properties in the area to get an idea. Good idea to check both the wanted and offered sections to get an idea of what rents are being asked and also what rents people would like to pay in that area.

Thanks - good suggestions/ideas - will give Drohans a try.

I used drohans for a property in that area. While they are nice to deal with i do not thinik they did the necessary checks on tennants. I had awful trouble with a family. They left the house in a terrible state requiring complete redecoration. Also, when they did finally move on, I was never asked for a reference. There is no way they would have got one and I do know this family got accomodation nearby. My point is that Drohans rehoused these people on some other poor landlord.

I would use DAFT and have done this time around. Otherwise, if you know someone in the business, you could ask them to do the letting privately. You will probably get it for a/2 of 1 months rent done this way. Agents will usually charge 1 months rent. Then all you need is a list of numbers for any maintenace work carried out. If you would like me to recommend someone, don't hesittae to email me.

inchydoney said:
I do know this family got accomodation nearby. My point is that Drohans rehoused these people on some other poor landlord.
Are you sure that they were rehoused by Drohans?

No I am not sure. It is possible they were not rehoused by Drohans.

I have to say I don't trust agents. Properties need your own personal care and attention. If you don't have time or the interest, I think you need to ask yourself whether you should be in the business. And it is a business like any other. If you take your eye off the ball, you are going to lose.

Hi there
My advice is avoid agents like the plague. They don't care who they put into your house as long as their getting their hefty fee. Advertise on daft, Surely you can make yourself free for a couple of evenings for viewings yourself?
nbc

My agent always rings me before letting my house (in D.24) to let me know who theyre putting in and am I alright with it, he gives me his opinion on 3-4 possible tenants and who he'd recommend and what they looked like, said, references, jobs etc. He also tells the incoming tenants that the houses either side are residential hence the social responsibilities on them.

AFAIK, yes he only advertises on DAFT and the herald but theres more to it then that, for the fee which is equivalent to a months rent, he takes all viewings, house maintenance, property issues etc, and I only hear from him when the property is vacated and I may have to miss a months rent, which hasnt yet happened I may add (fingers Xed).

Ive found them to be professional and not exhibit the negative behaviour experienced by other posters here.

H.W.M. property mgnt 087 9795342.

* Ive no connection with them other then they were recommended to me by a friend of a friend.

Back