Letting Agency in South of France

F

fredblogs

I'm thinking of buying a holiday home in the Perpignan region (not a leaseback). I want to be able to use the property for a month in the Summer, and also at other times if possible. I'm not buying it to generate an income, but if I could let it out with a minimum of hassle for a while each year, to cover local taxes etc., that would be a bonus. Does anyone know of a letting agency in the region that I could contact to see if this would be a runner?

Fredblogs

I've heard good things about two Irish sisters (not nuns) who operate [broken link removed] (or is it .com - I'm not sure).

I don't think they're letting agents as such but it seems as if they could put you in touch with some.

I'd appreciate hearing how you get on - whether you go this route or not.

On letting in France - the rights of the tenant are carefully guarded by the state. The following applies regardless of the terms of the agreement between you and the tenant.

1. After 3 years the have a right to renew the tenancy.
2. Nobody regardless of whether the pay the rent or not, tenants cannot be evicted between November and May.
3. It is illegal to request payment by direct debit.

Thanks Biggles
Found that firm at www.bidsinfrance.com, and I've banged off a mail to them and to a second firm I found in the Google directory.
Will post outcome.

Back