Letterbox removal

argolis

Hi folks,

I'm in need of a hint on how to remove a letterbox. I've tried searching here and a bunch of other sites but still haven't found an answer.

I was expecting to find two screws on the interior of it, but I can't see any visible screws anywhere. The four corner indents seem like they're just that - indents - and not screwholes (see pic). The whole thing is pretty tightly fitted. I've also tried to take off the interior flap by seeing if the pins holding it were removable but no joy.

If anyone has any pointers, it'd be much appreciated :)

Interior pic:
https://pasteboard.co/GUJAVGG.jpg

Attachments

• 20171121_221913.jpg
    20171121_221913.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 381
I fear this may have been glued into place. The 4 indents are the likely fixing points if screws were to be used. Can you take the plate off the other side of the door and take a look from there?

Hi Leo, thanks for that. I think I'll try to pry it off so. I'm pretty certain the exterior isn't removable either but I'll see if I can see anything looking in from outside at least. If I have any joy, I'll post back here. Thanks!

You might be lucky, if it's a pvc door, then if you lever off the (glued) letterbox carefully, you won't cause any damage. The PVC isn't painted, the colour is permanent.

Back