Less than 50%LTV

Patgdirector

I took out mortgage with AIB in November 2016 for €200k at the variable rate which is now 2.95%. On top of the mortgage I have paid another 15k off it I always like to hit the mortgage. My issue is my LTV is less than 50% now it was just over the 50%LTV when I bought it But I have asked AIB what I need to do to go on the 2.75% but But they will not give it to me. Can they do this?

So Haven also have the 2.75% is their any issue going to Haven when I am with AIB as they are one of the same? Am I stuck with Haven then or can I move again? Has anyone any experience with Haven?
Thanks

I am under the 50%LTV now but AIB will not give me the 2.75% rate
I understand. But how did you get under 50%?

Was it normal repayments, an extra lump sum, increase in house value, or a combination?

Your terms of original Mortgage were that you couldn't change bands, but AIB have relaxed this in certain scenarios. I changed bands just over a year ago.

By the way, as AIB operated AIB, EBS and Haven as separate brands, there is no issue switching between them. There was one poster here which switched from AIB to EBS and back again to get into a lower band (and got cashback in the process)

When I bough the house it need a lot of work so extra payments to the mortgage, €80k spent on renovations and an increase in house prices has brought me under the 50% LTV.

Ya the terms of the mortgage were that I could not change bands so looks like no choice only change to Haven, does not make sense when still owned by AIB

Back