Leonard Cohen is supported by....

PM1234

Damien Rice! I'm so delighted I have to share the good news. Yes I know I'm delighted quite easily! (thats true unfortunately or should that be fortunately!)

To everyone going enjoy the gig!!! :)

I thought you were going to say a zimmer frame.

I read this and then went off to do something and found myself chuckling out loud. Told a friend about going to the gig and the reply was 'is he still alive?' :)

Its a pity that they couldn't get someone a little more iconic to support Cohen the legend on his first Irish concerts in two decades. Damien Rice? :confused: They didn't insult Sinatra by getting Liam O'Maonlai to warm up for him. :)

Damien Rice followed by Leonard Cohen....let me get the cyanide now shall I ? I'll make a fortune selling it at that gig !

Its a pity that they couldn't get someone a little more iconic to support Cohen the legend on his first Irish concerts in two decades. Damien Rice? :confused: They didn't insult Sinatra by getting Liam O'Maonlai to warm up for him. :)

How can you compare Damien Rice to Liam O'Maonlai???

I agree to an extent with you though but Damien Rice is the future! Shame he only has two albums :D

How can you compare Damien Rice to Liam O'Maonlai???

I agree to an extent with you though but Damien Rice is the future! Shame he only has two albums :D

I didn't actually compare Damien Rice to Liam O'Maonlai :) My point was more that Rice to Cohen would not be much different to O'Maonlai to Sinatra.

Fourth gig I've been to in the past few months and it was by far and away the best. He played for two and a half hours for god's sake. 74 years old.

Far from being depressing everyone was smiling by the end. One or two of the old depressing songs but mostly upbeat. Brilliant

I loved his line about how the last time he stood on stage was nearly 15 years ago...

— "I was sixty years old then. A kid with a crazy dream..." :D

Back