Length of trousers (Mens)

Not sure about "regular length". In my experience you can often get from c. 30" to c. 34" (or maybe been 36") but they often go in jumps of 2". If necessary you can buy longer and just get them taken up?

AFAIK 30" is short length, 32" regular length and 34" long length

I think these are the correct lengths for short, regular and long but just wanted to check that I have this correct.

Trouser length is the inside leg measurement. As a general guide, the standard shorter length is 29" (maybe for a 5'8" height) and goes up from there ie 31", 33" (6'1"). However, some short men have a longer leg and shorter trunk and some taller men are not necessarily in proportion chest/leg length. So basically it comes back to the old "how long is a piece of string" thing.

I suggest you visit a mens shop on the pretence of purchasing and they will be glad to measure for you. You can then take yourself off to a self-service facility with the required info.

I suggest you visit a mens shop on the pretence of purchasing and they will be glad to measure for you. You can then take yourself off to a self-service facility with the required info.
Why not just get somebody at home to do the inside leg measurement?

Thanks, should have made clear it's not that I want trousers measured for me, I'm trying to discover what the "industry" standard length is for short, regular and long lengths in mens trousers.

Thanks, should have made clear it's not that I want trousers measured for me, I'm trying to discover what the "industry" standard length is for short, regular and long lengths in mens trousers.

Then I would say 29, 31 and 33 - from years of experience in buying for males in family.

Waist sizes are usually stepped up by even numbers 32, 34, 36 and lengths by uneven numbers 29, 31, 33

If I recall correctly Pennys and Dunnes for example usually step the leg length in even numbers as well.

It varies from brand to brand to be honest...there's no real convention as such but 29(short) 31(regular) and 33(long) would be the most common.

Short, medium, long

29 & a half", 31" and 33"

Like jeans...the lengths actually vary quite a bit depending on how they are made...

In my experience you can often get from c. 30" to c. 34" (or maybe been 36")

Or even longer where necessary, but not in Ireland :(

In my experience "standard" trouser sizes such as Reg/Large/Extra Large are not all that standardised. Jackets and tops are even worse (where XL on me covers everything from one size too small to one size too big.).

AFAIK 30" is short length, 32" regular length and 34" long length
I think these are the correct lengths for short, regular and long but just wanted to check that I have this correct.

I was actually looking into this last Friday in Next. Their regular is 31", short is 29".
So may be the length of Short/Regular/Long depends on the brand?

You could pick out 20 pairs of identical size trousers/jeans and you'd find that they'd vary an awful lot in size regardless of what the label says.

It could be brand but I have a feeling that women's trousers are generally 29", 31" and 33".

Mens are generally 30" 32" and 34".

Back