Length of Time After Probate Granted To Distribution of Assets

So actually 3 beneficiaries, 2 of who are also executors.
Ok yes you are correct I just assumed incorrectly if one is an executor that are also automatically a beneficiary- my oversight thankyou for clarifying

The Solicitor (if he/she is the one who said “these things take time”) is talking BS. It takes as long as it takes the Solicitor, on the Executors’ instructions, to extract the funds from the Policies and Bank Accounts. Once Probate issues, it takes days/weeks to withdraw funds as the various institutions have no interest in holding onto such funds. The Executors need to sit on the Solicitor and get him to distribute the estate, taking into account his Final Bill (which must be in line with the original quote) and prepare a Final Estate Account. If the Solicitor won’t do this, they can complain to the LSRA. They can always seek to bypass the Solicitor and withdraw the various funds themselves, but should warn the Solicitor that they’re doing this.
This is superb advice thankyou so much. At least I now have something confirmed which I suspected for a number of months. Thankyou so much for this advice very much appreciated

I was an executor, we appointed a solicitor, the main asset was a house that was sold once probate was granted. There were no complications. When the solicitor received payment for the house a final account was issued and funds distributed within 2 weeks.

The whole process of probate, house sale and distribution of funds was complete in less than a year from the person dying, only for the pandemic it would have been faster.

I was an executor, we appointed a solicitor, the main asset was a house that was sold once probate was granted. There were no complications. When the solicitor received payment for the house a final account was issued and funds distributed within 2 weeks.

The whole process of probate, house sale and distribution of funds was complete in less than a year from the person dying, only for the pandemic it would have been faster.
Seems like very efficient executor/s & solicitor - I assume that is the exception rather than the norm but I may be mistaken in my assumption thanks for your input anyway

Sounds as if the executors haven't a clue as to what an executor is responsible for
I agree with that but what can you do on that - as its family it makes it more difficult to be constantly asking for updates or to communicate by email etc

Ours was the same, apart from some Covid related delays, which were mostly caused by us.

Back