C

chalky

Hi AAM

Looking at houses in leixlip, what's it like to live there

- what's the town centre like ?
- is it safe ?
- are there trackies roaming about ?
- anywhere in particular to avoid ?
- will my nice car be safe parked in the drive all day ?
- what are the schools, pubs, restaurants like ?

Thanks in advance

Chalky

I have lived most of my life in Leixlip so maybe my answers are a little biased but I will share my thoughts.

not great a bit small but it has all the essentials probably the one thing the town lacks is a decent supermarket although there is a Lidl, Supervalue and Eurospar scattered around the town.

- is it safe ?
I would consider it a nice safe town it's not crime free but where is these days.

yes there are lots of trackies as there are 2 GAA clubs and 3 different Soccer clubs, a Rugby Club, Canoe Club plus the Amenities center which has a Gym and five aside pitches so the sporting facilities are good. :rolleyes: If however your implying 'young guys in a tracksuit = criminals' you might be better off staying in your Ivory Tower where you won't encounter someone in a tracksuit. Sorry but questions like that annoy me.

Most of the housing estates are fine bear in mind if you are looking at the likes of Rinawade or Glen Easton it's a good walk to the bus stop. Your also looking at a taxi cab home after a few beers if your drinking in the town and living in one of those estates. The town is serviced by the nightlinks should you want to go for a night out in the city.

Cars get robbed it's life it could happen anywhere but I would be shocked if it was robbed anywhere in Leixlip during the day.

- schools
very good, 2 secondary, 2 primary and an Irish school

pubs
not as good as some towns but lively enough and the Courtyard in the middle of town is a late bar at the weekend

restaurants like ?
This is one thing the town does well, plenty of places to eat in terms of restaurants, pubgrub and takeways. You have Chinese, Indian, Italian etc. the likes of Becketts, Miss Wong's, The Amber Regent are excellent, Da Vinci's isn't bad either.

I grew up there, dont live there anymore but its an alright place to buy a house and live.
Crime is very low compared to most areas in Dublin, the only things youre likely to see really is vandalism by teenagers such as smashed phone boxes or grafitti on walls.
There are two parishes, leixlip (st. marys gaa club) and leixlip (confey gaa club) or the farend and the hill.
Nitelink service is good, loads of amenities in the area and blanch or liffey valley are no more than a 15 min drive.
Have two train stations aswell - confey and louisa bridge and trains come every 30mins or so and will take 25 -30 mins to get into town.

chalky said:
Hi AAM

Are you considered D4, D6 or Foxrock instead of Leixlip?

Guys

Thanks a mill for taking the time to write such detailed replies with very useful information !

Apologies if I offended anyone but I'm lucky to own a fantastic place in D6 so I suppose I do live in an ivory tower !!

Cheers

Chalky

jellyshots said:
I have lived most of my life in Leixlip so maybe my answers are a little biased but I will share my thoughts.

not great a bit small but it has all the essentials probably the one thing the town lacks is a decent supermarket although there is a Lidl, Supervalue and Eurospar scattered around the town.

- is it safe ?
I would consider it a nice safe town it's not crime free but where is these days.

yes there are lots of trackies as there are 2 GAA clubs and 3 different Soccer clubs, a Rugby Club, Canoe Club plus the Amenities center which has a Gym and five aside pitches so the sporting facilities are good. :rolleyes: If however your implying 'young guys in a tracksuit = criminals' you might be better off staying in your Ivory Tower where you won't encounter someone in a tracksuit. Sorry but questions like that annoy me.

Most of the housing estates are fine bear in mind if you are looking at the likes of Rinawade or Glen Easton it's a good walk to the bus stop. Your also looking at a taxi cab home after a few beers if your drinking in the town and living in one of those estates. The town is serviced by the nightlinks should you want to go for a night out in the city.

Cars get robbed it's life it could happen anywhere but I would be shocked if it was robbed anywhere in Leixlip during the day.

- schools
very good, 2 secondary, 2 primary and an Irish school

pubs
not as good as some towns but lively enough and the Courtyard in the middle of town is a late bar at the weekend

restaurants like ?
This is one thing the town does well, plenty of places to eat in terms of restaurants, pubgrub and takeways. You have Chinese, Indian, Italian etc. the likes of Becketts, Miss Wong's, The Amber Regent are excellent, Da Vinci's isn't bad either.

Well done jellyshots. Most helpfull post to a question asked in the last while. Give yourself a little pat on the back.:)

redo said:
Well done jellyshots. Most helpfull post to a question asked in the last while. Give yourself a little pat on the back.:)

Thanks Redo every now and then I try to make a bit of an effort :)

Chalky - If you need to know anything else just ask.

Oh and just to finalise this thread, stay away from the farend of leixlip, take a right at the lights and go up the hill (its where all the decent hard working people live)

Farend scum, ahem ;)

Naked Lepper said:
Oh and just to finalise this thread, stay away from the farend of leixlip, take a right at the lights and go up the hill (its where all the decent hard working people live)

Farend scum, ahem ;)

:mad: :mad: Thats a terrible thing to say.......:mad:

:p

oh wait your right :D :D

Back