Leinster Park / Maynooth

pbyrne

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if anybody knew about a small estate in Maynooth called Leinster Park - it looks quite close to the town centre and tesco.

There are a few places for sale there at the moment so we are wondering if there is anything planned / changing in the area that is causing these people to move - or are they just trading up/down?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Leinster Park is the estate on the right just before Tesco's as you head out of the village right?

To my knowledge there's nothing planned there. I did look at a house that was for sale there last year, think it went for 650K+ but needed serious work.

I think the guy who bought may be looking at putting apartments there, at least that's what I had in mind. Not large, multi-storey, obtrusive ones. So that may be an aspect to take into account.

It's a nice area (but could do with a bit of an upgrade) the houses have potential. Maybe people are just cashing in on there current value.

Are there many for sale? Haven't been by there in a few months.

Tescos have a planning application in for a shopping centre along the lines of the Clare hall development on the existing site, and may explain the sudden rush of selling. There is an application notice up at the front of the tesco car park, might be worth a look.

Thanks for the information folks - will check out that tesco planning application.

ixus - there's three that I can see on myhome for sale in there at the moment, from the planning applications it looks like the apartments have been rejected so you're probably better off that you didn't get the place you went for last year (looks like it went for 750k!)

Back