Lehenaghamore, Cork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs V

Anybody know what kind of area this is to live moving from Dublin back to Cork in new year and looking for best location

Not overly familiar with the area,but an acquaintance of mine is trying to sell because ,in spite of nice big houses & relatively quiet area,very poor amentities.Have to get into car to go to the nearest shop.Poor planning I would say.

A friend of mine is buying in the new development there she thinks there is shop/creche going in there think it will be like Herons Wood in Carrigaline my brother lives there said its fab i'm not sure where to be looking

I assume that its Ruden Homes that you are buying from in Lehenaghamore. Be careful with them. One of their sites up there (Coolkellure) has been shut down since the builders holidays. Lots of houses half finished but nothing going on there. Manor Farm is still being worked on though.

The Juggler are you sure about that i have just looked them up on the web and they have a few houses for sale alright but i thought they were very good builders with a good reputation as they have built in this area before, i have just seen on there web site that they have houses in the Ovens area, so will enquire about that anyone know what kind of area this is to live. I heard that there is a new development being built in Midleton anyonw know anything about this not sure what its called

I know nothing about their build quality although there has been a story on this forum about plaster falling off walls
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=437982#post437982
I suppose the reason their other site is shut down is due to the general slowdown in the house market. Seems to be a total stalemate at present with buyers not buying and sellers refusing to drop their asking price. Who knows how long this will continue.
Ovens is nice but again you'll need a car to get to the nearest shop.

Last edited:
I heard that there is a new development being built in Midleton anyonw know anything about this not sure what its called

Here's one

[broken link removed]

There is always lots of development in Midleton, contact a local Auctioneer and they will give you a heads up.

lehenaghamore is a lovely spot. it just on the outskirts of the city next to the suburb of Togher. It is high up so has great views of the city but has the bonus of the quiteness of the countryside.Because it is an extension of the city there is no infrastructure around the houses being built. All you have at present is estates surrounded by green fields.Having said that Togher is well established so you are never more than 10 minutes from schools, churches. shopping centres,major hospital etc,(by car of course).It is also on a good bus route to city centre which is about a 15 minute drive away. All in all at the moment you the pleasure of living in the countryside with the convienience of city living. Enjoy it while you can.Best of Luck.

I have been on to auctioneers this morning about the site Coolkellure that the juggler had said closed down auctioneer has assured me it hasnt that houses are selling away up there so am going to go have a look for myself on Saturday

I notice the auctioneer is still quoting the same prices as they were in May for this development. What would be an appropriate discount to ask for??? I was thinking maybe 10-15% or would that be too much?

What are other developers offering off new houses in Cork at the moment??

i was quoted 419,950 for a 3 bed semi detached yesterday a bit pricey i think but its seems like a nice area from what i hear

nice area and lovely houses but way over priced........ hold off and the prices will come down

I thought the price are set take it or leave it..........Builders these days dont care they only want people who have loads of money & can pay now

I would be careful of this area, its close to Togher...go and look around Togher, Lehenaghamore may be a lovely area but you will get gang movement from Togher also traffic would be a big issue.

Try getting on to the south link at 8 in the morning!!!!...I lived in this area for 4 years so wouldn't be on my best area to live in

I would be careful of this area, its close to Togher...go and look around Togher, Lehenaghamore may be a lovely area but you will get gang movement from Togher also traffic would be a big issue.

Try getting on to the south link at 8 in the morning!!!!...I lived in this area for 4 years so wouldn't be on my best area to live in

johnnyg. Just wondering where it is you lived in Togher becuse you obviously are not to in tune with the area. "go and look around Togher". Why not try this advice yourself or even better still hang around there and you will see what the area is like. Very decent people living there.
As for Leghanamore. Where I work we have access to all the maps of Cork City and County and Leghanamore is not next to Togher. It is in Togher.

johnnyg. Just wondering where it is you lived in Togher becuse you obviously are not to in tune with the area. "go and look around Togher". Why not try this advice yourself or even better still hang around there and you will see what the area is like. Very decent people living there.
As for Leghanamore. Where I work we have access to all the maps of Cork City and County and Leghanamore is not next to Togher. It is in Togher.
and I am afraid to have to agree that for some very decent people living there there are a lot of gougers living there too. Go there yourself is the best advice - have a pint in the local, spot the kids in the corner shop and see if its somewhere you would like to live and bring up your family.
Leghanamore may well be togher on a map but is the far side of the suburb and in effect on the outskirts of the city.

Re: Lehenaghamore, Cork: on the outskirts of the city next to the suburb of Togher

Either way Ruden Homes (like most builders at present) cannot shift their new houses in Leghanamore. Eventually they will realise that it will take major price falls to get the market moving again. Sooner or later the banks will force them to do so in order to pay off their debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back