Legal Question

borat

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a property with my girlfriend.

We both have €50,000 approx to invest.

I am aware of the tenants in common arrangement etc. however as she is currently a student she doesn’t have an income to meet 50% of the mortgage I will have to pay 70%-80% of the mortgage for the foreseeable future.

If things were to go bad and we decide to split and sell the place, we are both registered as 50% owners.

Is there anyway to have the repayment arrangements reflected in legal form so that if we do end up selling the extra payments from me are recognised?

I am in virtually the same situation. In your argreement you specify what percentage is owned by each party.

i know its right to be cautious and sensible when it comes to such important issues but god it kills the romance doesn't it. I know if I was your girl i'd be like look either we're doing this together or forget it. next thing it'll be splitting the shopping bill cos she drank the milk and yu didn't!
...sorry just seems so awful to be preparing for the failure of your relationship when it should be the start of your joint "Equal" life together!
Good luck though and heres hoping you'll never need to use the agreement cos ye'll have a long happy life together :)

good luck to you both' and money is not everything, enjoy each other never mind who owns what

Back