Legal & General Fixed Term Deposit - Scam !!!

MTB_FS

HI All,

I was on Youtube and came across an advertisement for Irish Savers looking for better deposit rates. This is something that interests me as I always like to look out for new and better rates. I entered my email and requested additional information. Todays papers had a number of articles on fraud and there was something on Morning Ireland too so I said I would post this.

After I requested more details, I received a call the next day from a very posh London accent who informed me he was calling from Legal & General Dublin with the below rates and he emailed me the the following and forwarded the brochure. T

One issue I noticed was there are no warnings and the email address does not match anything on the Legal & General website. The posh London man continued to call me until I told him I didn't need the service, he was very pushy.

Not sure If an actual scam, but I wanted to post this here.

Many Thanks

Hi

Thank you for your time today.

Following on from your recent enquiry, please see attached the prospectus you requested, along with a snapshot of the investment rates listed below in this email.

Legal & General Investment Management is the global asset management business of Legal & General Group. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers, with assets under management of €1.6 trillion.

Our purpose is to create a better future through responsible investing. A strong sense of partnership with our clients and working together to achieve positive long-term outcomes is what we strive to achieve.

We have only €150 million available allocations for this specific bond, €50 million has already been assigned and this is on a first come first serve basis.

The fixed rates at a glance are as follows:

Length of Investment
Minimum Investment
Fixed Return (%) per annum
1 Year
€25,000​
3.0%​
2 Year
€50,000​
3.4%​
3 Year
€75,000​
4.0%​
4 Year
€100,000​
4.3%​
5 Year
€150,000​
4.6%​

How safe is my investment capital with Legal & General and can I lose money when investing in these Fixed Term Bonds?

• Your capital is 100% protected and guaranteed by Legal & General Investment Management, along with the interest. We fully asset back this investment with our own capital and would cover all invested capital in the event of any default within 30 days.
  • Secondly, it is also covered by the Irish government Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DGS) up to the value of €100,000 per person and €200,000 per joint application.
  • In short, this is the safest investment in the market place.
Please see the prospectus for more information and we will contact you to answer any questions.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to call or email us using the details provided below.

Kind Regards,

Asset Management Team

Legal & General Investment Managers (Europe) Limited

Tel: (+353) 1 968 26 42

E-mail: deleted by moderators

LGIM Managers (Europe) Limited.

70 Sir John Rogerson´s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.

Registered Company No. 609677

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MTB

Absolutely it is a scam.

They use online ads pretending to be comparison websites and they use the names of reputable companies

But it's all a scam.

I have deleted the attachment for safety reasons.

Brendan

Back