Legal Enquiry - Divorce Family Law Matters

andmgc40

I am separated from my ex-wife now approximately 4.5 Years. My Solicitors & Barristers issued via the Courts an original application for Divorce, which includes a Financial Claim against my former spouse in her favour. The original Court Order issued in July 2022.
Ever since, this has been totally ignored by the other side.

Recently, my former spouse has since dropped her Solicitor and therefor my Solicitors cannot proceed to Issue Court Documents onto a legal representative of my ex wife, as she has no legal representative at the moment

My question is, how can my case be progressed from this point on, in order to get my divorce or bring my ex spouse to a Court?

Best people to advise are your legal team.
It is not that unusual for people to fire their legal teams.

Until her legal team formally apply to Court to come off record ( permission to no longer act) papers can still be served on them.

After that, any further paperwork can be served on your wife personally, by registered post or , with leave of the Court,
by ordinary post or email- in exceptional circumstances.

mf

I am separated from my ex-wife now approximately 4.5 Years. My Solicitors & Barristers issued via the Courts an original application for Divorce, which includes a Financial Claim against my former spouse in her favour.
You mean in your favour. So:

I am separated from my ex-wife now approximately 4.5 Years. My Solicitors & Barristers issued via the Courts an original application for Divorce, which includes a Financial Claim against my former spouse in my favour.

I've no idea how you can progress to get your money other than using your legal team to do so. Was there no penalty imposed on your ex if she didn't comply? And with a deadline as to when the settlement should be paid?

Back