Legal advice on how to collect an unpaid invoice

Discussion in 'Other financial issues' started by CarlosPinzon, 8 Mar 2019.

1. CarlosPinzon

CarlosPinzon New Member

Hey guys, I'm having a situation, I work as a photographer and I was hired to take some pics of a wedding, everything went perfect, just the final and most importan step: the payment. It's been 3 months since that and I still dont get an answer (or my payment). it's not a big amount so I can's take this to the court. I'll be loosing more money ... Is there any advice of what I can do with these people?

2. David1234

David1234 Frequent Poster

I thought it was the norm to have to pay in advance of the wedding day for photographers. Have you sent them on the pictures yet? I had to sign a contract with my photographer, do you have a contract with the terms of engagement? Have you looked into small claims court?

In the past I have been somewhat successful chasing money by writing to the debtor stating that as the invoice is still outstanding I have no other available options and would be referring the debt to a 3rd party. This is always a hail mary bluff on my part but has yielded some surprisingly good results.

Good luck with it and consider changing the way you are paid for future jobs.

NoRegretsCoyote and cremeegg like this.
  3. Blackrock1

Blackrock1 Frequent Poster

small claims court?

4. Leo

Leo Moderator

Not an option for a business with a case against a client/ customer.

Blackrock1 likes this.