Leg/Bikini wax in Dublin

well... went for my wax on Saturday (decided to go to Lucan instead), and it was grand. €35 for leg and bikini.

However, she didn't remove all hair on my legs, I can still feel stubble and short hairs. Surely this isn't right??

However, she didn't remove all hair on my legs, I can still feel stubble and short hairs. Surely this isn't right??

If you only have a couple of days growth (hence the short hairs) then the wax can not grab them as well, you need to have at least two weeks growth for maximum effect. You can get these things call silkymitts in Boots that kind of buff off these short hairs in between/after waxing. They are like an exfoliating mitt.

Nah had monstrous legs beforehand - hadn't shaved in at least three weeks. Felt like a gorilla. So that wouldn't be why. Thanks for the tip about the silkymitts tho.

Hmm, maybe the wax wasn't hot enough or the therapist hadn't 'patted' down the strip enough. Did she use canvas or paper strips do you know? Canvas are better for pulling out those little hairs.

Not sure. Canvas I think...

It's put me off getting it done again tho. Pain wasn't bad, but it's expensive when it doesn't fully work.

well... went for my wax on Saturday (decided to go to Lucan instead), and it was grand. €35 for leg and bikini.

If it's close to home I'd go back and get them done again.

If it's close to home I'd go back and get them done again.

Yeah so would I, sounds like a bit of a slapdash therapist, they tend to be busier on Saturdays so she could of been behind time or double booked. This can happen alot.

Back