Left Multinational 5 years ago.. forgot about defined pension.

justonequestion

Hi

This probably sounds ludicrous but I'm not that financially mind.
I worked for a Multinational for 5 years and left 4 years ago.
The company had a Defined Contribution Scheme.
Just came across an old letter from the Pension company regarding my Leaving Service Option Statement. The statement says my fund value on leaving was 26k. (10k - employee 16k - employer)
Considering I never got in touch with the pension company about this can I still retrieve this?

If so, how much of this is available to me considering I wouldinvest it elsewhere instead of another pension?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Yes, it's absolutely still available to you.

It's more than likely that you will have to leave it in some form of pension scheme, but you can transfer it from the company scheme.

It should be worth a lot more now with the good stockmarket returns over the last 5 years.

Brendan

If the annual fees are reasonable you might just want to leave it there until retirement.
You could get some advice and look at the options on that pension provider and your new job's one.

I think you should be getting annual statements? Contact them to make sure they have your updated details, ask for updated Leaving Service Option and you can also ask for online access.

I would guess 50k now assuming large equity element ( usual default). let us know!
Charges usually pretty good for larger scheme but ask admin/trustees.
No annual statements if you have left a DC scheme(in my experience anyway).

Back