leaving country - can i claim any tax back

endao

Hi
Im irish working as a IT contractor here. Can i claim any tax back if i leave the country to go work somewhere else. Just curious as contract is running out soon so seems like an opportunity to go work somewhere else.
Just thinking there might be something similar to the likes of people who go to australia for a year and can claim some tax back from the australian goverment after there year is up.

Thanks
e

If you are not going to be working in Ireland again in 2009, or claiming benefits, and you will not be resident in Ireland next year, you can fill out a P50, send it to Revenue with your P45, and claim back some tax, as you would have your entire years tax credits to set against a few months income.

Hello,

I will leave Ireland soon and not come back before several years or maybe I will never come back.
From the previous post I understand that I have to send a P50 and my P45 to get my taxes back and that is easy to do.

But I was wondering if it is worth to wait until 2010 to claim the medical expenses, bin charges, rent relief of the first 6 months of 2009 and so get more taxes back.
Does somebody already did that or know the answer?

Hiya Folks...

Sorry to hijack this thread, just wondered if you file a P50 do you get both the PAYE and PRSI contributions back? Or is it just PAYE that is refunded?

Back