Leather Sofas with kids??

S

smbo

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has leather sofas - Am I out of my mind to even think of getting leather sofas when we've got a 4 & a 2 year old? Before Ms4 & Mr2 came along we bought expensive fabric sofas & they are now destroyed (yoghurt, juice etc) I would actually embarassed to give them away. We need to replace them & I'm thinking that leather may be easier to wipe clean etc. Any thoughts??

We bought leather for our 3 girls play room best thing we ever did , any spills just wipe up, but keep keep pens out of their reach,

Leather is notoriously difficult to keep looking good and is not going to survive long with kids. A suite with removable washable covers (some of them are very smart and practical) might be the best solution whilst the family are so young.

We have a dark brown leather sofa and it's the best thing we could have bought with an active toddler boy about the place, we got it around 18 months ago and it still looks brand new. I think, as long as you go for a good quality, high grade leather you'll be fine, it's the cheaper leathers that are very hard to keep and prone to cracking etc.

Leather sofas with free kids?

Now that's a promotion that might not catch on in Reids!!!

Now maybe if you could swap your kids for a leather sofa... ;)

We have a couch with washable covers and a leather chair. And two little darlings too. Couch covered in jam etc and looks terrible. Despite the washability, it's covered with a throw so it can be washed weekly, so couch could be pink and green florals for what it's worth.

On the other hand the leather chair is great and I try and get kids to use this. Other up side, is dust mites - leather doesn't really have any were as fabric couch is riddled with it. In fact my sons ecexma has forced us to buy a new leather suite and dump/sell the other.

Happy shopping.

Thanks for all the replies - really helpful. Think I'll go for the leather. It can't look any worse than the existing ones :-(

Back