"Learn about Shares" Anyone signed up?

Deise Doll

Just wondering if anyone has signed up for Learnaboutshares.com and if so would they recommend it.

Went to one of their seminars recently. They present the entire as easy which it is not. Basically it is something similar to Techical Analysis, It is was as easy as they make out, they surely would not be telling any body else about it. Why don't they simply pocket the money themselves.

Yes I would class it as very risky.

Went to one of their seminars recently. They present the entire as easy which it is not. Basically it is something similar to Techical Analysis, It is was as easy as they make out, they surely would not be telling any body else about it. Why don't they simply pocket the money themselves.

Yes I would class it as very risky.

mercman, thank you for your post, as I've never been to thei seminars but I totally agree with you as if it's so simple why do they tell about it to everybody else when they could just make all the money in the world with their super strategies.

These guys make their money on people looking for the "holy grail" of trading. However, to make money trading you need to use your own system that is unique to your style of trading and these guys will tell you this.... of course after they have taken your money.

Deise Doll, I attended their seminar and got the full splurge, they are selling education, expensive education!!. I signed up and paid them €1950.00, for that I got a series of downloads which included a number of self study modules, two portfolios one Euro and one Sterling, I also have a phone number to phone if I have difficulties the response has always been good,also they give market news every day.
I can trade these portfolios as I like there is 20,000 virtual money in each, I buy and sell using the Isec or Ftse as I choose .
The modules describe the terminology and the rules history etc. of the stock exchange.
I use the knowledge and experience to trade my own portfolio with the same broker I have been using for years. and the knowledge gained has been profitable .
I enjoy it, I am retired with time and curiosity. I wouldn't say its good value for money but then isn't all education expensive.

Mudahawn sorry to burst your bubble, the information they sell you is available free on the internet. If you invested the €2000 you give these guys + €30/month or whatever they charge now in shares you would have a better chance of gaining off it. I can't see why anyone would pay this crowd big money and then only invest €200 thinking they are going to make money out of it.

Mudahawn,
I would like to know more about your experiences with 'Learn about Shares', I attended one of their seminars recently and I would like to get feedback from an actual member. How long since you signed up?, how quickly did they install softwareafter this and how user friendly is it?, how has your experience been since? and do u feel it has improved your returns? would u still recommend them?

My earlier post refers. If it is as easy as what they make out, why don't they just simply follow their own guides and in turn they would end up been the richest guys in the country. Sure I know people that have made absolute fortunes in equity trading. and I also know more that have lost fortunes. Follow your nose not a Salesman.

paddypower have a simulation where you get 10000 play money to play on a pretend version of their system. I thought I was smart (having an honours degree in statistics and all) but I burned through that 10000 so quick I doubt I'll ever go near it again...

Mudahawn,
I would like to know more about your experiences with 'Learn about Shares', I attended one of their seminars recently and I would like to get feedback from an actual member. How long since you signed up?, how quickly did they install softwareafter this and how user friendly is it?, how has your experience been since? and do u feel it has improved your returns? would u still recommend them?
I was an actual member. When they get you signed up and get your money they don't care about you. Some guy called to me to show me how to use their software he spent 5 minutes fooling with the computer and knew less about the software than I did, he was also ignorant. You can ring the broker they assign to you but it will cost you in phone calls.

Sounds like a course on speculating rather then investing.

If day trading was that easy, why isn't everybody at it.

I just came from on of the seminars. To be honest it was nothing new, and kept repeating about how they make money using the moving average and 3% stop limit. i still have no idea how the software works in real time. No idea how the link it to the broker and no idea about tax etc.. But i am going back tmro to have a one on one.

Has anyone done any trading with this software yet?

I just found it difficult that their Broker appears to be the only Broker in Ireland and the UK that has the wonderful daily tips.

A euro a day for tips? I think someone mention on a thread that you can get them for 50 pounds a year direct from the broker.

Im trying to find out the advantages of having this pice of software.
The analysis can be got online for free.
The broker will send you out details of your shares & im sure you can see them directly on the brokers site....just like goodbodys etc.

So can anyone come up with a real advantage that cannot be found freely online.
( other than broker tips & support)

what does the broker say about them? the broker seems to be linked to them in some way and they are mentioned a lot here and on boards.ie, so maybe ask redmayne to qualify the company.
I like the idea of the software, but wonder about the company, as i've heard the service is iffy, and they change names every few years. the name change doesnt bother me too much, but would like the company reveiwed independantly by someone without an agenda.

learnaboutshares.com appears to be the new name for the company which used to trade as

gsmsireland.com and has been discussed extensively here

Brendan

Learn About Shares

The company "learn about shares"

I got a phone a call one day with a man asking would I like to know more about share's since I have little experience I agreed. So I met with a Rep, he went through a presentation about there software, pruchasing shares, and how the shares can sell automatically once they drop below 3% and so on. I have to say the sales pitch was good, I asked him if this is this good why are you selling instead of investing,? Anyway when he was finished he looked for payment about 2k preferally credit card for the software package, I was a bit taking back by this, as it was late in the evening I gave him a cheque (so I could check this out that night

So that night I looked into this and I concerned with the mixed feed back, I rang the bank in the morning and put a stop on the cheque. I rang the rep after and instructed him not to lodge the cheque as I wanted to look into this further. The rep rang me 2 days later to get an update? again I said I will get back to him

About a week later I rang the rep back to express my concern of what I had heard, he said I had nothing to worry about, back to which he informed me & then informed me that the cheque had been lodged!! I asked him why did you do this? his lame reply I told him to lodge the cheque 3 days earlier which was a total lie. He got a bit of a shock when I informed him of the stop on the cheque!

I would love to hear any other feed back

Well, there is plenty of feedback here and on other fora. The best advice you can get is stay well clear of that crowd.

Back