Lean Sigma 6 Green Belt

Newbie!

Has anyone done this? Was considering it but not sure of the benefits to someone working in a leadership role in a large educational institution. Would welcome any feedback. thanks.

If you are not planning on leaving your current employer and if they have not bought into LSS, it is pointless. If they have bought into it and are actively pushing it, then it may be worth doing

A lot of it is common sense, but bear in mind it is often seen as a means for cost/resource cutting by some companies as well

Has anyone done this? Was considering it but not sure of the benefits to someone working in a leadership role in a large educational institution. Would welcome any feedback. thanks.
If you can't get rid of people or change processes (what people do) then it's a waste of time. If it's a box ticked to get a promotion then go for it. It's interesting and teaches you to look at and for data when making decisions. It's the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) model. If you aren't allowed to do the Improve and Control bit it'll just make you frustrated.

If you can't get rid of people or change processes (what people do) then it's a waste of time. If it's a box ticked to get a promotion then go for it. It's interesting and teaches you to look at and for data when making decisions. It's the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) model. If you aren't allowed to do the Improve and Control bit it'll just make you frustrated.
I'm in public sector and I think we are hitting a crisis point where there needs to be process change. So the course would be in response to that and also to gaining recognition/promotion in an area where i'm a relative newbie.

I'm in public sector and I think we are hitting a crisis point where there needs to be process change. So the course would be in response to that and also to gaining recognition/promotion in an area where i'm a relative newbie.
It depends on what level of authority you have.

If you’re in a position to give effect to necessary change, then perhaps it’s useful.

If it’s a case of having to convince higher levels of management, that’s another matter.

In the public sectors, managers can often have responsibility without authority. Be sure you know the difference.

In the public sectors, managers can often have responsibility without authority. Be sure you know the difference.
This. If you can't make people redundant who are surplus to requirement after you've taken waste out of the processes then it's completely pointless.

Back