leak from apartment above...

picassoman

Hi,

We have a leak on the ceiling of our apartment and when we took down the ply etc around the pipe there appears to be a waste pipe from the apartment above. The pipe is not leaking but the water is coming down along the pipe from the hole in the concrete ceiling.

Have had no luck contacting anyone in this apartment so we are not sure its occupied. We hope the Management company can put us in touch with the owner.

But I guess my questions is how do we handle this - do we tell / show them that the leak is originating from their apartment and tell / ask then to fix it ?

Or do we ask them for access so we can investigate further ?

Either was I feel it might involve ripping up flooring e.g. tiles etc to find the source and I hate the though of this (and the cost).

I guess I'm wondering has anyone had a similar experience and how should we handle this ? i.e. who is responsible ???

-pm

I had this problem leak from bathroom upstairs.

I got on to the management company.

They areanged a plumber who cut holes in my ceiling to find the source.

Got into upstairs and he fixed the problem.

Management co arrange plasterer and painter to sort all out.

No charge to me expect for massive pain in the neck (not the word I wanted to use).

OK - sounds good...had to deal with the Management company before about another issue and they could not distance themselves enough from the it !!

but fingers crossed it will be different this time.

- pm

Back