Leaf Blower recommendations

Thirsty

The last threads on this topic were from 2008, so a bit out of date.

So I'm looking for a leaf blower, small front garden, gravel (biggish stone) & cobble lock. Electric rather than petrol I think, corded is fine as I have easy access to power. In fact I think a corded one would be better as having a battery run out half way through a job is a pain.

Is the vacuum option worth the bother?

Any recommendations on brands/stores?

Vacuum option is a must (for me), otherwise I'm just blowing the leaves around. With a vacuum option, it sucks them up and shreds them. I then can add them to the compost heap. Once shredded, they take up a fraction of the space that full leaves take.

I am looking for a new one as well, as my wife left the smoke out of the old one :) . So I will be following the thread with interest. Last one was a Lidl, Florabest one and gave sterling service. When the collector bag eventually wore out I was able to buy a replacement on line for around €12. I might wait for them to come up again, as they were quite inexpensive (€50 iirc), and pretty robust.

Just looked at Google, and it looks like they come up around the end of August/start of September, which makes sense (Winter is coming!)

Ah, I didn't realise they shredded the leaves as well. I guess in my head I was thinking of blowing leaves in a heap & then shoveling into the bin, so do you just vacuum straight off the ground?

Ah, I didn't realise they shredded the leaves as well. I guess in my head I was thinking of blowing leaves in a heap & then shoveling into the bin, so do you just vacuum straight off the ground?

Yep. Very quick and easy. We have a big boston ivy which will start dropping its leaves pretty soon. Last year my wife spent a few back-breaking hours one weekend sweeping and shovelling them (when I was away). The following weekend I just went out with the leaf blower/vacuum and within 10 minutes had the lot sucked up and tipped into the compost.
Obviously I kept my mouth shut about the error of her ways. :)
She did use the leaf blower the next time.

just picked one up - had to go to Lidl in The Coal Quay, as the good burghers of Crosshaven had snapped all the ones up in Lidl Carrigaline. Far more leaves in Crosshaven/Carrigaline than in the city :) . They are different to the one I had, but appear lighter and no doubt are just as good. Will fire it up tonight for a test run.

And was tempted to buy a few of them and get the friends around for a game of blow-football.

None in my local Lidl in Terenure on Monday, the staff weren't even aware of it coming in ???
Will check a diff location tonight

Back