Health Insurance Laya versus VHI

Familyman77

We are currently insured with VHI ( deducted through wages by employer with 10 % discount ) . We are 2 adults and 2 children on Comp PL plus 1.3L for 3 of us and Comp PL Xrtra L2 Xs for one child. I'm considering looking into Laya as they have a clinic in Galway ( an option we don't have with VHI ) . Just looking for people's thoughts and experiences .

There have been complaints about their customer service not being great recently see here or there may be others

Would have to say I find VHI very good especially on customer service and claims payments for many, many years now.

It would appear from Google that Laya have a 12 month cut-off for submitting your day-to-day expenses. VHI did have a 3 month cut-off but have changed this now to 3 years.

We are currently insured with VHI ( deducted through wages by employer with 10 % discount ) . We are 2 adults and 2 children on Comp PL plus 1.3L for 3 of us and Comp PL Xrtra L2 Xs for one child. I'm considering looking into Laya as they have a clinic in Galway ( an option we don't have with VHI ) . Just looking for people's thoughts and experiences .
Hi,

When you say Laya have a clinic in Galway are you referring to their minor injury clinic? If so your plan CPPL 1.3 now covers minor injuries in the Galway Clinic Emergency Department for the same price as the VHI clinics, €75 all inclusive. The VHI table of benefits were all changed in May to include the changes to how the minor injury benefits work due to the new VHI 360 center in Carrickmines and new philosophy from VHI. Usually these changes are applied to existing plans as well ie. You don't have to wait until next renewal to get the new table of benefits for your existing plan but I would double check this by asking them about the Galway Clinic minor injury cover.

Back