Laya Laya SimplyHealth Excess plan

onway

I have been pricing a few plans as my VHI quote is €1100 and I would like something for around €800.

I'm just wondering about the Laya SimplyHealth Excess plan and the fact that there is a €1 out-patients excess when others are all €200/€220..........why is this one so low???

I'm also switching from Aviva and think I'll sign up to this plan.Know nothing about Laya but.....apart from the fact that they took over from Quinn!Here's hoping they don't go the same way!!Anyone any experience of claiming on this plan?

I switched to Laya earlier this year from Aviva. My new plan was supposed to be identical re benefits. However, I've just had major surgery, and Laya would only pay the (lower) cost of the procedure to be done in the private hospital, rather than the (still privately charged) higher cost in the associated public hospital. This had implications for my treatment options, as the surgeon was concerned that I might need ICU after op, and had it not been for the generous covering of extra costs by SVPH themselves, things could have been very critical, perhaps resulting in an emergency operation via A&E.
If you're not too concerned about possibility of requiring scheduled surgery, all else is like for like with Aviva Level 2 Hospital, or was at time of renewal/switch in May. My plan is Healthwise Plus (no excess), by the way. You won't find it advertised, you have to ask for it. If still available, it is significantly cheaper than any other comparable option.

I'm just wondering about the Laya SimplyHealth Excess plan and the fact that there is a €1 out-patients excess ??

What does the €1 excess here mean ?

I am trying to understand health insurance going forward and I intend to look for best value at each renewal date . It is very complicated.

What does the €1 excess here mean ?

Hi Billo,

The 1 euro outpatient excess means that when you send in a claim for GP and consultant visits etc at the end of the year, just 1 euro is deducted from the total amount of your claim.

Some plans have an outpatient excess of 200 or 300, which means your allowable expenses have to go over 200 or 300 before you are eligible for a refund.
With Simply Health Excess plan, even if you only have a couple of GP visits per year, you can claim a 50% refund less one euro excess.

www.hia.ie/consumer-information/claims-and-excesses/

Snowyb

Back