Health Insurance Laya simply connect

Monbrop

Hi all,

Currently on Layla’s Simply Connect. I am in my mid 40s with no major health issues so rarely claim except for the odd GP visit. Keen to retain cover for at least semi-private in private hospital.

Is there a cheaper policy with similar cover I could consider? The price is going up every year and current renewal will be over 1300.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

I just switched at renewal to Laya Inspire Plus after several years on Simply Connect. Might just suit your age profile.

According to Laya, Simply Connect from 1 Jan is €1597 - a lot more than the €1300 you mention -
inspire Plus is €1417, and Inspire is €1308. Compare the differences for yourself on their website. Inspire would probably suit you fine.

According to Laya, Simply Connect from 1 Jan is €1597 - a lot more than the €1300 you mention -
inspire Plus is €1417, and Inspire is €1308. Compare the differences for yourself on their website. Inspire would probably suit you fine.
Sorry yes! I see the new monthly payment will be 137 from my renewal date.

I just switched at renewal to Laya Inspire Plus after several years on Simply Connect. Might just suit your age profile.
Hi Roro, thanks for the suggestion.
I am considering this myself now.
I am currently on Laya Simply Connect plus which has also gone up this year. Will be €4193 for 2 adults and 2 children.
I compared to the Inspire Plus you mentioned and it compares very favourably for me, with an annual saving of approx €900. The biggest reduction in cover is the 20% shortfall for orthopaedic & opthalmic procedures.
I am not expecting to need this cover this year.
I read on another AAM thread (hopefully I understood it correctly), that I could 'upgrade' to another policy with Laya during the year if it came about that I might need to utilise the orthopaedic or opthalmic cover. This gives me peace of mind also.

There are some other small benefits with the Inspire plus over Simply Connect Plus e.g. the Laya quickcare visit has increased cover from €175 to €200 per visit.

I read on another AAM thread (hopefully I understood it correctly), that I could 'upgrade' to another policy with Laya during the year if it came about that I might need to utilise the orthopaedic or opthalmic cover. This gives me peace of mind also.

I've read in the past that you can change your cover during the year with Laya (not allowed with VHI AFAIK) but would have thought that the Upgrade Rule would kick in and the increased cover would not apply for 2 years. But not 100% sure from reading the link that it applies to existing conditions only. If it were me that is something that I would clarify with them by e-mail preferably.

I've read in the past that you can change your cover during the year with Laya (not allowed with VHI AFAIK) but would have thought that the Upgrade Rule would kick in and the increased cover would not apply for 2 years. But not 100% sure from reading the link that it applies to existing conditions only. If it were me that is something that I would clarify with them by e-mail preferably.
Looks like the waiting period would apply. This is what Laya's response was :

"Yes the below waiting period of 2 years will apply for the Orthopaedic and Ophthalmic cover.

I do need to advise you that if there are any signs or symptoms of a condition present when you change your cover, a two-year additional cover waiting period applies to these conditions for any improved in-patient benefits. This waiting period also applies where the scheme has improved scheme excess and shortfalls. During this two-year waiting period, your previous scheme benefits would apply for those conditions.

Any new conditions, for which the symptoms begin after your change in cover, would be eligible under the new level of cover immediately.

There is also a one-year waiting period for improved benefits in relation to your in-patient maternity cover.

Outpatient benefits are not subject to the additional cover waiting period."

I just moved to Laya Simply Connect plus from Irish Life 4D Health 3 (price had gone up 3 times within a year); Laya have an offer for free cover for second and subsequent kids. Cost me 3,765.86euros for (2 adults and 1 paid child), put the first child on Inspire. The free kids plan is 'Flex 125 Explore' - not as good day to day cover but I'll have to spend at least €700 on day to day for it to be worth it not to avail of the free kids place

I am on Simply Connect. It's gone up from 1361.56 to 1597.21
The lady on the phone said this is the norm across all policies.... Any thoughts on changing companies or are they all the same ?

I am currently on Ideal Simplicity .
Using the Laya comparison tool I had a look at Simply connect plus and Momentum.
Laya suggested a plan called Power to me .
It is cheaper than Ideal Simplicity and apart from a slightly higher overnight shortfall for high tech hospital stays ( not to be paid for first 2 claims ) it actually compares favourably to other plans I was looking at .

I have been reading all the suggestions on this thread so I thought I’d offer one suggestion myself so I’d say take a look at Power if staying with Laya.

Hi,
We are a couple in our 70’s. We are in 4D Health 4 with Irishlifeplus. This premium has shot up in the last 12 months.
This gives good cover. We now have a GP visit card so lose the benefits of 75% of GP’s fees. We could increase the Excess figure to 150. Should we seek a plan that does not have a 20% on certain orthopaedic procedure? Do all 4D Health 2/3/4/5 have this 20% included.
Would Layla Simply Connect Plus be a better choice for us?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Back