Laya Laya Simply Connect Plus

SunnyOct8

Hi

We are about to renew our health insurance for myself, husband and 6 year old. We are currently on Laya simply Connect Plus and it has worked well for us this year - my son has claimed all €500 on day to day expenses (mainly physio/ some consultant and GP - no underlying health issues just a busy year) and my husband had access to hospitals consultants as required (cardiac care / stent). I'm wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives I should be looking at which will give us the same/similar level of day-to-day and hospital cover?

I am also helping my parents renew theirs - 69 and 72 year old. They are on Laya Simply Connect Plus as well...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

S

Hi SharonC,

Good news is that the limit for day to day expenses on Simply Connect Plus has been increased to 1000pa since 1st December 2017.
The day to day expenses limit for Simply Connect plan has been increased to 500 per year since 1 December 2017.

Cheaper alternatives as follows;
Simply Connect; price 1179pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 x 2 max per person per year,
day case excess 50 per visit. Good day to day cover, max refund 500 per year.
[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Thanks for getting back so promptly SnowyB - I presume that increase on day to day is only effective for renewal after 1st December?

Yes, new limits apply for all new and renewing customers from 1/12/2017.

Hi Snowby
Thanks for your previous advice...I am just about to renew for my elderly parents (69 and 72) - they are generally healthy tho my dad had lung surgery 2 years ago (as a result of emphysema). They are on Simply Connect Plus - but I am wondering if there is a similarly priced plan with a better level of cover for elderly customers - they don't tend to get involved in renewing health insurance as they find it too confusing!

I was looking at switiching to VHI so that they could be in a position to avail of Hospital@Home - should they ever need it? is there any view on how useful this is or what are the most comparable VHi plans to Simply Connect Plus?

SharonC,

The nearest plan with better cover is Laya Simplicity, price 1191pa. This plan has extra cover for a private room in a private hospital.
Day to day cover has a 100 euro excess - that means that the first 100 is not allowed.
[broken link removed]

Regarding Hospital@Home, this is a follow on care system to continue certain treatment at home so a patient can be discharged from hospital.
I don't have any experience of this cover. Laya healthcare have a similar scheme, I don't have a name for it but its available if required.

A similar enough plan with VHI would be PMI 01 10, price 1588pa.
Note; just to highlight the fact that VHI have 80% cover for hip and knee replacement surgery. A plan with full cover is Healthplus Access,
price 2074pa.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back