Laya Laya Simply Connect Plus

Discussion in 'Health Insurance and healthcare costs' started by SharonC, Dec 6, 2017.

1. SharonC

SharonC New Member

Hi

We are about to renew our health insurance for myself, husband and 6 year old. We are currently on Laya simply Connect Plus and it has worked well for us this year - my son has claimed all €500 on day to day expenses (mainly physio/ some consultant and GP - no underlying health issues just a busy year) and my husband had access to hospitals consultants as required (cardiac care / stent). I'm wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives I should be looking at which will give us the same/similar level of day-to-day and hospital cover?

I am also helping my parents renew theirs - 69 and 72 year old. They are on Laya Simply Connect Plus as well...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

S

2. snowyb

snowyb Frequent Poster

Hi SharonC,

Good news is that the limit for day to day expenses on Simply Connect Plus has been increased to 1000pa since 1st December 2017.
    The day to day expenses limit for Simply Connect plan has been increased to 500 per year since 1 December 2017.

Cheaper alternatives as follows;
    Simply Connect; price 1179pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 x 2 max per person per year,
    day case excess 50 per visit. Good day to day cover, max refund 500 per year.
    https://www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?plan_ids=518|519&source=plans

Snowyb

3. SharonC

SharonC New Member

Thanks for getting back so promptly SnowyB - I presume that increase on day to day is only effective for renewal after 1st December?

4. snowyb

snowyb Frequent Poster

Yes, new limits apply for all new and renewing customers from 1/12/2017.