Laya Laya Simply Connect Plus or alternative?

Discussion in 'Health Insurance and healthcare costs' started by Buffet, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Buffet

Buffet New Member

Hi.

My company covers all employees under the "Laya Simply Connect Plus" policy; they pay 100% cost for employees and optionally 50% cost for dependents. There is no option to change to a different policy.

I have availed of this option for myself and 3 children (ages 6, and 3 year old twins). My wife is covered separately by her employer. The policy was last renewed on October 1st.

Now I am leaving this company, and need to get and pay for suitable cover.
    I don't know if Laya would continue the policy as was renewed on October 1st, but it might not make a difference price wise as this is also the start date of the current version of the plan. I don't know if there is a group discount given. I intend to phone them to find out ASAP.

But is this the best plan, for a cost of approx 2068euro?

Thankfully there are no current medical issues to be concerned about - so far only day procedures have been required for one child (e.g. grommets), and a couple of in-patient stays for respiratory infections for one child while an infant.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. snowyb

snowyb Frequent Poster

Buffet,

Welcome to AAM. The best priced plans for adults at the moment are as follows;
    1. VHI PMI 44 16; price 1050pa; public, private(including full cover for a private room) and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per admission or day case in private/hi-tech hospitals. Limited day to day cover.
    2. VHI PMI 43 16; price 1136pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per admission and 50 per day case, good day to day
    cover - 1 euro excess.
    3. Laya Simplicity plan; price 1087pa; public, private( including full cover for a private room) and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 100 x 2 max per year, good day to day cover - first 100 not allowed.
    http://www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?plan_ids=519|697|701|656&source=plans

Best child options at the moment;
    1. VHI One + Plan; price 145 per child; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 125 per admission or day case.

2. Essential Connect Family; offer 227pa ( just pay for 1st child and the rest of the children are free) public, private and Beacon hospital cover,
    excess 300 per family for first 2 claims only per year.
    http://www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?plan_ids=519|200|394&source=plans

Regards, Snowyb

3. Buffet

Buffet New Member

Many thanks.