Laya Laya simplicity and essential connect family plans query

pumba

Hi my policy is due for renewal on April 7th and I'm currently with Laya Simplicity as per Snowyb's recommendations last year. I will likely stay with same plan and swallow the increase in premium as still good value, however I'm trying to sort the rest of my family out too. I have a four week old baby who is covered until my renewal, I also have a son 2yo who is currently with VHI one plan which was half price last year I have a 4 yo daughter who is with laya and renewal is not till 1st August which is when my husband's plan Laya Total Health Select is up for renewal. He has had ill health last 18 months which is why I stuck with total health select for him but will definitely change him to Laya Simplicity. Sorry to simplify:
Mammy - laya Simplicity - renewal 7th April
Daddy - laya total health select -renewal 1st August
DD1 - Laya (can't remember) - renewal 1st August
DS 1 - VHI oneplan -renewal 7th April
DD 2 - Laya Simplicity - renewal 7th April
I'm thinking Mammy will stay with Simplicity and Daddy will switch to Simplicity in August. In terms of the children I am wondering is it worth starting a policy for DD1 now at the same time as the other kids as there never seem to be any special offers in August but there is around this time of year. Means double paying for four months. The two options for the children I see are Vhi parents and kids excess 157.77 euro which is half price or i think the laya essential connect family plan offer 228 euro first child and subsequent children go free expires on 31st March unless there is some way I can renew early. Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome. Thanks

pumba,

As your renewal date is in April 2017, there will be more childrens special offers available from 1/4/2017. This information together with any
other price changes will be shown on the Health Insurance Authority website in the next few days.

I will post options to consider at that stage.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb got the renewal letter from Laya yesterday which is probably why I'm getting ahead of myself thinking about the options early. Will wait till closer to April 1st to have another look at the kids options.

pumba,

As a follow on to the above, it would be worth asking Laya if its possible to change DD1 renewal date to 7th April 2017 so that all three children
can avail of the latest special offer from 1st April 2017. Flex 125 Explore price 319pa; just pay for one child and the rest go free.
[broken link removed]

If this is not possible, I would suggest switching them to VHI One Plan Family price 152 per child, or Parents and Kids Excess price 157 per child.
[broken link removed]

Simplicity plan is best option for both adults, despite the price increase.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb you came up trumps again, great advice! Contacted Laya and they allowed me to change DD1's renewal date to April 1st so was able to avail of kids offer on flex125 explore for all three kids! Thanks again.

Back