Health Insurance Laya Inspire

Niall56

I'm just wondering if anyone has a good alternative to Laya Inspire. Renewal seems to be the same as last year at €2,440 for both of us. Obviously, we'd like to keep a broadly similar level of coverage.

Thanks in advance

I have a family member on Inspire the past couple of years. I'm on Simply Connect which is virtually the same policy but with no excess for ophthalmic and orthopaedic, so €100 more. Inspire Plus and Simply Connect Plus have higher maximum Everyday Expenses.

I research and compare our policies every year to make sure we're getting the best for us. I'd be surprised if you find a better policy than Inspire with the same level of coverage at that price. Unless you want something Inspire doesn't have, in which case go on Laya website logged out and put your requirements in to the policy finder.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a good alternative to Laya Inspire. Renewal seems to be the same as last year at €2,440 for both of us. Obviously, we'd like to keep a broadly similar level of coverage.

Thanks in advance

Hi Niall56,

I totally agree with mct1. LAYA's corporate plan Inspire at €1220 per adult per annum is as good as it gets at that price point.

I hope this is helpful

When it comes to the different insurers, aside from customer service, the provision of cancer drugs for a wider range of indications for VHI customers is the only difference I could find in recent years. It appears now that the HSE cover the same indications but it did take around 2 years after VHI. Laya and Irish Life ( who are private companies) just follow the HSE to the line, unless there is political controversy on a case by case basis which forces there hand.

The one thing with Laya that I could never get clarity on is special procedures (other than orthopedic and opthalmic) . They don't split them apart like VHI and Irish Life do. One would hope this would presumably mean they are all covered but when I've asked them in the past it appears you need the procedure code on a case by case basis. It was previously posted here that a customer with Laya couldn't get repeated cast applications covered ( which is a basic procedure). That being said if you want a VHI plan that fully covers special procedures you need something like PMI 3513 which is around €80 more a year.

As mentioned above Laya Simply connect and Simply Connect Plus seem to be the best priced plans (by quite a bit) on the market that cover orthopedic procedures.

Last edited:
Back