Laya Laya Health Renewal

Eilymai

Snowyb Iwould appreciate your help.
Currently have Laya Company Health plus No Excess.
Need good Orthopaedic cover ....and little excess as had hip replacement and spent quite a while in hospital and will now and need knee replacement ..
Would there be any cheaper option

Thanks
Eilymai

Hi Eilymai,

The following plan is an excellent alternative to your current plan. There is no excess to pay for knee replacement surgery in any
private or hi-tech hospital with Laya. Details as follows;

1. Laya Simplicity Plan; price 1231pa; all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, there is a
maximum excess of 100 x 2 per year for all admissions in private or hi-tech hospitals, regardless of how many in total. But as
already mentioned above, there is no excess to pay in any private hospital for knee replacement surgery, so no charge applies
to you for this surgery.
The day case excess in a private or hi-tech hospital is 50 euro per procedure.
There is good day to day cover on this plan, refund of 50% for consultant visits, gp visits, dental, physio etc - note the first 100
is not allowed. Details on the following link;
[broken link removed]

Details stating that no excess or shortfall to pay for orthopaedic surgery and the full list of Laya plans included in the following
2 links;
https://www.layahealthcare.ie/orthopaedic/

https://www.layahealthcare.ie/media/layahealthcare/LAYA-OrthoCoPay-A4-004-0817-v1.pdf

You can switch to another plan at any time mid-year with Laya, regardless if it is your renewal date or not.

As a matter of interest, what hospital will you be attending for knee surgery?
Also, when is your health insurance renewal date?

There are plenty of savings to be achieved by switching. If it helps, I am also on Simplicity plan myself at the moment.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you very much Snowyb.The Hospitals Im interested are Mater Private Cork...Bon Secours ..Kerry General and maybe Sports Clinic Dublin. Renewal 20 Nov

Last edited:
I also would like to enlist your valuable advice on renewing our Health Cover snowyb, as I am mithered with all the different plans.

Husband and wife late 50's and early 60's, currently have Flex 500 Plus, renewal Dec 2018. Galway based, No current medical problems and we like having the private hospitals outside Galway and don't mind the excess, but a private room is not a high priority. I see that Precision 300 Create also gives, acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropody cover etc which we use at present, so would it be a good change or would we lose too much compared to the Flex 500 Plus?

Thanking you.

Hello hound-dog,

Welcome to AAM. With Precision 300 Create, you would lose cover for the Galway Clinic.

There are a couple of alternative plans worth considering, details as follows;

1. Laya Control 600 Total; price 929pa; all public, private(including private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private excess 600 per
private admission and 175 excess per day case procedure. Some day to day cover with chiropody, homeopathy, acupuncture, gp, etc included
15 refund per visit.

The following plan will be reduced in price from 1st December 2018.
2. Laya Control 300 Create; price 1079pa; all public, private(including private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private excess 300 per
private admission and 125 excess per day case procedure. Good day to day cover included chiropody, acupuncture, homeopathy, gp etc included
30 refund per visit.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thank you so much for all the information and welcome, it will make it so much easier to compare Plans and make a decision, with the info you have given.
You are a great help to all who are considering Health Ins and also switching.

Best regards,

hound-dog

Back