Health Insurance Laya Flex 500 Explore renewal today?

Shauna

I'm sitting here at the laptop at 12 midnight pulling my hair out over whether or not I should stay with our current Laya Flex 500 Explore policy for 2 adults and 2 kids [9 and 7 years] which expires at the end of tomorrow 14th April or find another policy that would suit better. My 7 year old had to go to A&E at Christmas and it now looks like he may need an operation to have a little boy problem fixed. We were told he's a little young at 7 years to have the operation so it might be a good idea now to change policies to make sure he's fully covered for when he does need it. We live in Kerry. I think the operation is a day case but it may require an overnight if he has to have laparoscopy surgery. Also, the only paedriatric surgeon in Kerry seems to be in KUH and as good as they are there, if I'm paying health insurance I would prefer to take my child to the Mater Private in Cork for the operation [if they do paedriatic surgery]. I think someone mentioned Laya Connect 300 as a good option? Also, my husband may need a knee operation further down the line [we're talking 4 to 5 years time hopefully] and my eldest may need OT as well:(. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Back