Lay litigant Civil Bill and ill health

DoccnL

I am lay litigant plaintiff in an active civil bill and need to appeal or judicial review a recent circuit court motion judgement which is 5 days old but not issued yet.
I am lay litigant.
10 days ago I developed heart problems which I am receiving investigative procedures for.
My doctor has advised me to stay away from stress for the next 3 months till they get to the bottom of my heart problems.
The Court Office refuse to provide any assistance to lay litigants - not even information regarding time limits.

Could someone advise what documents I could lodge with the court to ensure i do not fall foul of any time limitations ?

I am lay litigant plaintiff in an active civil bill and need to appeal or judicial review a recent circuit court motion judgement which is 5 days old but not issued yet.
I am lay litigant.
10 days ago I developed heart problems which I am receiving investigative procedures for.
My doctor has advised me to stay away from stress for the next 3 months till they get to the bottom of my heart problems.
The Court Office refuse to provide any assistance to lay litigants - not even information regarding time limits.

Could someone advise what documents I could lodge with the court to ensure i do not fall foul of any time limitations ?

DoccnL,

Judicial review- The applicable rules of court now state that such proceedings must be commenced within 3 months from the date when grounds for the application first arose, although this can be extended by the court if it considers that there is good and sufficient reason to do so.

High Court Appeal- An appeal from the Circuit Court is made under Order 61 of the Rules of the Superior Courts. A notice of appeal must be filed within 10 days of the Circuit Court order or judgment. The notice must be served and service is indorsed on the back of the notice before it is lodged/filed. Again this time can be extended by the Master of the High Court if he considers it appropriate to do so.

All documentation/forms required can be found on the Courts.ie website.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back