Late payment of CGT

Michael1

Hi all,

First time to post here. I was wondering if anyone could point me towards information on the late payment charges for CGT? Looked on revenue and google but can't seem to find anything current.

Thanks.

If you have filed the return on time there is no penalty otherwise it's 10%.

The interest is .0219% per day or 8% per annum.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for this. I was supposed to pay by 15 December 2016. So, it's 10% flat rate plus the daily interest? Do you know where I can find this on revenue?
Thanks.

Thanks for that. So, I just pay the interest of .0219% per day because the payment is late but no surcharge if return filed by 31/10/2017?

That's a bit easier to take if so. Was initially told by revenue it was a flat rate of 20% for any late payments but couldn't find that in writing anywhere. Phoned back and they said 10%. Obviously confusion between payment date and return filing date.
Cheers for the help.

Hi I'd appreciate clarity on this topic
Is this correct?

10% relates to filing of CGT form only.

The late payment of bill causes daily interest to commence in OPs case. Is the 16th Dec 2016 when interest starts ticking at 0.0219% / day.
Thanks
Fidel.

Hi I'd appreciate clarity on this topic
Is this correct?

10% relates to filing of CGT form only.

The late payment of bill causes daily interest to commence in OPs case. Is the 16th Dec 2016 when interest starts ticking at 0.0219% / day.
Thanks
Fidel.

Correct, interest accrues from the date payment is due until the date payment is received. They don't automatically come looking for interest on small amounts that wouldn't be economical to pursue.

Back