Las Vegas Taxi from airport to strip

colm

Travelling to Las Vegas next week. I was just wondering Cost & time of taxi from airport to Stratosphere Hotel on the strip?

Re: Las Vegas Taxi from airpot to strip

Travelling to Las Vegas next week. I was just wondering Cost & time of taxi from airport to Stratosphere Hotel on the strip?

Takes no time at all...between 5 and 10 mins at a stretch.

About $18 as I recall...and I was going a little further

Last edited by a moderator:
Statosphere Hotel is about 5/6 miles from the airport, about $20. There are also shuttle buses that service the strip from the airport which are cheaper but there'll obviously be stops on the way.

Check this site out for details on all modes of transportation in Las Vegas.

FYI the airport shuttles are great! Very cheap, and pretty quick... plus, travelling on the shuttle gives you an opportunity to check out, what's where... and near your hotel.

Personally, I'd stay away from taxi drivers there...
We made a mistake of taking a taxi from hotel BACK to airport - guy tried to overcharge us...
We gave him money + tip, he claimed that money we gave was only enough for fare + 'airport charge' - we said that if there was an airport charge, it should have been clearly displayed in cab, or included in the 'extras' fee on the meter. He then demanded that we give him more money for tip. We stood our ground, and refused to pay anything more... as soon as we asked him for his taxi licence number, so that we could lodge a complaint with his taxi firm, he suddenly shut-up and jumped back into his cab.

Also, be weary of the cabbie that drives you 'all-around-the-world' to get you to your destination... they'll try anything for a few extra bucks!

If you want to go the taxi route, regardless, check out this article for some tips & advice on getting a cab in Las Vegas.

did it last week, 20$

I regretted booking the strosphere as it is so far off the strip and it is not really close to anywhere other than Shara then Circu Circus ( both quite dingy and over due their face lifts ).

Checkout "Bite" in the Straosphere though ;-)

If you're staying on the South Strip (MGM, LUXOR, TROPICANA, NYNY etc. ) then you could nearly walk it!!

The airport runway runs parallel with the south strip.

I rented a car when I was there last time and was in the Tropicana car park 2 minutes after leaving the airport.

Back