Laptops on Ebay

Jockey

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone bought a laptop from Ebay? If so, were they any good or are there alot of horror stories? Just looking at Ebay where you can get a sony vaio laptop for €300! I would be reluctant to buy one of these.

Thanks,

Jockey

Me too. There are many scammers operating on ebay. But many honest individuals and dealers too. Use eBay with caution and you should be OK. Check the reputation of the seller and don't send large amounts of money to individuals who don't make the grade. There is plenty of info on eBay itself about safe buying and selling.

Dell's outlet store also sells items on ebay.

[broken link removed]

I think the ebay price includes VAT by default.

Be very careful of buying via ebay. Specially be wary of so called 2 nd chance offers. A lot of them tend to be fakes in my experence

The second chance offers are always dodgy. Nearly got caught out once. As a rule I only buy if the seller acepts paypal - and particularly if they have buyer protection. The Dell ebay outlet is decent enough, but customer service could leave you in tears. Having said that you can get great bargains. But a vaio laptop for €300 - if something is too good to be true then it is, and especially so on ebay. Bet they are looking for Western Union too! Be wary.

Back