Laptop to TV hook up

Got the cable last night and hooked up laptop to TV cost was €22

I have to change the resolution as print a bit off when looking at the net but other than that its perfect

Was watching online films last night and then come the start of the football season I will be using ppmate to watch live football via Saudi Arabia

What did you do about the sound? Where do you see the online films? ppmate looks interesting.

What did you do about the sound? Where do you see the online films? ppmate looks interesting.

The cable I got has an s video link and a sound cable. Plugged this into the earphone on Laptop and then the yellow, red and white cables into scart at back of tv and walla perfect colour and sound

As for the link for online movies PM me and I can send it on as dont want to publish it here
Also along with PPmate and other programs you can watch live football but again dont want to publish it here

IrishGunner - Great stuff getting your machine up and running.

I have a similar problem: I have a Insprion 1501 and I need an adapter and cable from a 15-pin monitor port (blue) to a scart connection.

Does anyone know where I could find this?

Thanks working great now can watch the copa america cup online

I got it from the below website based in the US

http://svideo.com/index.html

Good to deal with and quick delivery

Email them at [email protected] and they will be able to tell you exactly what you require

You may be able to get cables in Maplins or Peats etc as they had them but not sure about 15 pin cables ?

Good luck

Got the cable last night and hooked up laptop to TV cost was €22

I have to change the resolution as print a bit off when looking at the net but other than that its perfect

Was watching online films last night and then come the start of the football season I will be using ppmate to watch live football via Saudi Arabia

HI,

I ordered this cable off the net too (free delivery in 4 days from US) and connected it yesterday for first time. Unfortunately though all I am seeing on the TV is my desktop picture - even when there is a programme running on laptop - and its also in black and white only!! I did the thing with the 'display' icon where i 'attached' the TV as my secondary output, but all to no avail....Any one have any ideas??

Hi

Not sure how I got mine I have a Dell laptop so not sure if its different for another brand ?

Have 2 scart connections at back of tv and got a [broken link removed]

Plugged 3 plugs into this and then into tv and tried it on the other scarts on tv just in case

Also pressed the Av on the remote and it came up on colour along with my desktop programs etc

I got this website from Boards so maybe check out the below post

Post 1

Post 2

Hope this helps

Back