Laptop camera suddenly stopped working!

Slim

Hi. Like so many others, I recently downloaded Zoom, MS Teams and Starleaf. My laptop's integrated camera worked fine on several Zoom and Teams calls but did not work on recent calls on all platforms. The light at the top of the laptop is on but all anyone can see is a grey camera shape with diagonal line through it. That is also what I see of myself but I see everyone else and can share docs as normal. I am a paying subscriber to Zoom and guest on Teams.
Any ideas?Thanks

Restart computer. Update operating system eg Windows Updates. After that update drivers for cameras. What computer are you using? How old is it? Did you check you haven't accidentally turned it off in Zoom yourself? All obvious I know, but not enough information above to really be very helpful so just some starting points...

Some laptops have a button to disable the camera device itself, for example, F8 I think on some lenovo laptops, you might need to press the FN key at the same time.

What make and model of laptop? The fact that it's transmitting that crossed out image indicates the camera is disabled.

In the Zoom client, click on the little gear icon to go to settings, then Video, is your integrated camera listed, and is so do you see the preview? If no camera is listed, then, assuming Windows 10, check Settings -> Privacy -> Camera and ensure the camera is enabled and apps like Zoom and teams aren't prevented from using it.

Update. Thanks all for your helpful replies. The laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 330, just 17 months old. After I posted, I went through the settings and Lenovo web support. Followed numerous checks, most of which you guys suggested. Along the way, I updated the camera driver, switched off and on a couple of times and, Hey Presto, camera now working. Apparently, there can be a problem following Windows 10 updates!

Thanks everyone for the responses! Slim.

Back